Getting from Christchurch to Dunedin

Old October 10th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Andrew Reddaway

Default Getting from Christchurch to Dunedin

Hi

My wife and I are flying into Christchurch at 14:50 Saturday 13th
November, and we need to get straight down to Dunedin.

The Air NZ website shows no seats available for several days! Origin
Pacific's website seems to be down. Are there any airlines that do
this route??

Intercity coaches look possible, although an apparant typo on their
timetable indicates there is no late afternoon service on Saturday, but
two on Sunday! But the coach only gets into Dunedin near midnight, and
we're up early the next morning...

Any ideas?
Old October 10th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Ralph Fox

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 07:01:31 GMT, in message
, Andrew Reddaway wrote:

My wife and I are flying into Christchurch at 14:50 Saturday 13th
November, and we need to get straight down to Dunedin.

The Air NZ website shows no seats available for several days!

Curious. I wonder whether you were getting the same web page as me.

The web page I saw shows no seats at the lowest "Smart Saver" fares,
but there are still seats available for the higher "Flexi Saver" fares
and for "Fully Flexi" fares.

FWIW, the Air NZ homepage http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/ says
| Our lowest Smart Saver fares sell out quickly so book well in
| advance to find these low fares.

Origin
Pacific's website seems to be down.

Curious. Origin Pacific's looks up from where I am.

I enter the URL http://www.originpacific.co.nz/ and it redirects to
at http://www.originpacific.co.nz/PublicSite/default.asp
where I can search for flights.

There appear to be no flights available on Sat 13 and one on Sun 14.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

somewhere else." -- Sam Walton
Old October 10th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Ralph Fox

Old October 10th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Andrew Reddaway

wrote:

[...]

Thanks - you fixed it :-) Origin Pacific's site is working for me now.
And I was just reading the Air NZ site wrongly. 8-)

Old October 13th, 2004, 07:26 AM
vicki Steven

in article , Andrew Reddaway
at wrote on 10/10/04 8:01 PM:

Hi

My wife and I are flying into Christchurch at 14:50 Saturday 13th
November, and we need to get straight down to Dunedin.

The Air NZ website shows no seats available for several days! Origin
Pacific's website seems to be down. Are there any airlines that do
this route??

Have you tried Qantas -
www.qantas.co.nz
Intercity coaches look possible, although an apparant typo on their
timetable indicates there is no late afternoon service on Saturday, but
two on Sunday!

I doubt that this is a typo - there is probably more demand at the beginning
& end of a weekend than in the middle - ie if a local wanted to travel to
Dunedin it would be more likely to be FOR the weekend or returning to
work/university after a weekend away. Another alternative is Atomic Shuttle
bus - not actually sure if they run this route.

For two people a rental car might be economical also.

Vicki in Chch

Old October 16th, 2004, 03:25 AM
David Springthorpe

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:26:09 +1300, vicki Steven
wrote:

..... Another alternative is Atomic Shuttle
bus - not actually sure if they run this route

Still in business ? I had no luck with www.atomicshuttle.co.nz

DS

Old October 17th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Ralph Fox

wrote:

..... Another alternative is Atomic Shuttle
bus - not actually sure if they run this route

Still in business ? I had no luck with www.atomicshuttle.co.nz

See http://www.atomictravel.co.nz/

....Which you can find from the Google search
http://www.google.com/search?q=atomi...le+new-zealand

--
Cheers,
Ralph

A doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines.