Get the legendary Absinthe and experience the ultimate drunk.

Old August 25th, 2005, 01:37 AM
S Viemeister

chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and prestwich tesco 24h offy
wrote:

Padraig Breathnach wrote:
I find vinegar better than proprietary products,

I've tried both too. In my vernacular, I'm wondering if that isn't an
old wives' tale!

Apparently, the trick is to use crumpled newsprint to wipe off the vinegar.
Old August 25th, 2005, 02:00 AM

wrote:

Padraig Breathnach wrote:
I find vinegar better than proprietary products,

I've tried both too. In my vernacular, I'm wondering if that isn't an
old wives' tale!

Apparently, the trick is to use crumpled newsprint to wipe off the vinegar.

Another old wives' tale! I've been through that one. Window cleaner and
kitchen roll will do the trick- better IME.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
photos at http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer
Old August 25th, 2005, 03:22 AM
S Viemeister

chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and prestwich tesco 24h offy
wrote:

My, I'm the curmudgeon today, but no! That's what you read in the
manuals. If you clean the coffee machine properly, it shouldn't need
such a clean-out, and in any case- don't use a coffee machine. A hot
plate kills the taste after a few minutes. Make espresso or use a
cafetiere.

Some automatic drip machines brew directly into an insulated container,
rather than ruining good coffee with a hotplate.
I generally use a cone and filter on top of a large mug, unless I'm making
coffee for a group.

And in very-hard-water areas, regular use of vinegar _does_ keep the
machine's innards from clogging up.

Sheila