GPS2SMS... allow your friends to follow you on your (world-)trip

Old July 9th, 2007, 06:44 PM posted to de.alt.technik.gps,de.rec.reisen.camping,rec.outdoors.camping,rec.travel.misc
Kees[_3_]

Default GPS2SMS... allow your friends to follow you on your (world-)trip

www.poi66.com offers a free service to create an online Google Map for you.
You go for a trip and want to make an online travelblog, but you don't want
to do HTML stuff. Just create an entry in our album blog list and go!

Let's assume you found a nice spot to park the car, tent, caravan, camper RV
or backpack. Sit down, relax, have a beer and type your daily SMS text
message containing your great GPS position. You may use a PDA with special
software, use a dedicated GPS2SMS device, but just typing is OK. Within 3
seconds we will receive your message and put you on the map for ever. No
extra charges, just the SMS. And should the hotel, campsite or RV park have
internet, just click your blog and add your current position. Or be smarty
and usa an online PDA or smartphone. Add photos... read your messages...

Follow these guys through the Ural:
http://oeral2007.poi66.com

Or these, from Holland to the Gobi desert in Mongolia:
http://altaigobi.poi66.com

Gerard and Dphne in Norway add pictures daily:
http://noorwegen.poi66.com

Your family at home sees your trip from their home PC and you have a
wonderful automated travelblog! Send your trip or trip link as a nice Google
Earth KML file just by clicking one button. You get the KML file containing
all the pictures, cities and remarks you made. Fly the tour, revisiting your
popular places!

Yes it's all free, no other stuff, a hobby grown wild but still the number 1
in the world: POI66 is a leading website showing you how free services
should be. The massive amount of visitors show us we hit the right spot. No
other service did this.

Oh, before we forget: we've tons of other waypoints. In GPX, KML, Tomtom and
all other formats. Plug you GPS or navigation device into the PC, download
and store the points of interest.

www.POI66.com - making your trip an everlasting experience, come and join
the happy GPS travelers!