Indian Golden Triangle Tours

Old October 24th, 2007, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
William Black

Default Indian Golden Triangle Tours

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 24, 9:54 am, "William Black"
wrote:
Try drinking lassi, a sort of milky yoghurt drink that is very
refreshing.

But avoid "Bhang Lassi"

Actually these days it's usually called 'Special lassi' and only available
during Holi.

Holi is 28th march this year.

Stay out of the sun, wear a hat, drink water or soda with lime juice in
it
(order 'lime soda, salt, no sugar') and not sweet fizzy drinks.

And don't take pictures of cremations.

He won't see any.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old October 24th, 2007, 11:28 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alan S[_1_]

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:41:23 +0100, "William Black"
wrote:

"Alan S" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:54:02 +0100, "William Black"
wrote:
excellent info snipped but read

Thanks William - lots of good info there and it's already
filed for future reference.

In re-reading that it looks like I'm going to lose a bit of
weight in that week. I'm a diabetic using a low-carb way of
eating for control. I'll probably have to buy two or three
serves of Thali and pick the meat and veges out of the
rice:-)

I'm a diabetic as well.

No meat in a Thali...

You'll find a lot of Indian food has ingredients that are also Aryuvedic
diabetic control agents.

So test your blood regularly, because you may not realise that your sugar
may be lower because of these.

Thanks William

Maybe I can return the favour a little. If you browse
through this you'll find that testing regularly is second
nature to me. You may even get some helpful ideas from the
other pages:
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/20...ew-adjust.html

I must admit to some skepticism on Ayurvedic methods, but
I'm always prepared to experiment so I'll try some while
there.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Slovenia
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:29 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alan S[_1_]

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:18:48 +0100, "William Black"
wrote:

And don't take pictures of cremations.

He won't see any.

Presumably I would be breaking some taboo or courtesy
custom?

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:39 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
William Black

wrote:

And don't take pictures of cremations.

He won't see any.

Presumably I would be breaking some taboo or courtesy
custom?

No Idea.

I've spent about a third of the past two years in India and I've only seen
one, and that was of a senior politician held in Shivaji Park in Bombay
where there were TV cameras and more press photographers than you could
shake a stick at.

As a general rule funeral rites don't happen in the places where tourists go
to.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old October 24th, 2007, 11:40 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

wrote:

And don't take pictures of cremations.

He won't see any.

Presumably I would be breaking some taboo or courtesy
custom?

No Idea.

I've spent about a third of the past two years in India and I've only seen
one, and that was of a senior politician held in Shivaji Park in Bombay
where there were TV cameras and more press photographers than you could
shake a stick at.

As a general rule funeral rites don't happen in the places where tourists go to.

What about Varanasi?

Old October 24th, 2007, 11:45 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
William Black

"Alan S" wrote in message

I must admit to some skepticism on Ayurvedic methods, but
I'm always prepared to experiment so I'll try some while
there.

You'll find they can drop your blood sugar level by a point or so at your
starvation test if you use them regularly.

Diabetes is something of an epidemic in India so treatment is available but
if you use the clever injection pens (I see from your web page that you
don't) you may have problems getting drugs.

You may also find that if you're not staying in a five star hotel you don't
have a refrigerator in your room unless you specifically ask for one.

Indian doctors don't like their patients injecting themselves because one
feature of Indian life is the commonly held theory that of some medicine is
good for you then more should be better for you...

This is not normally considered a good policy for injecting diabetics.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old October 25th, 2007, 12:33 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alan S[_1_]

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:45:06 +0100, "William Black"
wrote:

Indian doctors don't like their patients injecting themselves because one
feature of Indian life is the commonly held theory that of some medicine is
good for you then more should be better for you...

This is not normally considered a good policy for injecting diabetics.

Works spectacularly in the short term...of course, there is
no long term.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old October 25th, 2007, 07:14 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl

wrote:

Indian doctors don't like their patients injecting themselves because one
feature of Indian life is the commonly held theory that of some medicine
is
good for you then more should be better for you...

This is not normally considered a good policy for injecting diabetics.

Works spectacularly in the short term...of course, there is
no long term.

I thought there was a kind of patient pressure on Indian doctors to offer
injectable medicines rather than oral. The perception is that as it's more
invasive it must do more good.

And of course, i meant, ask for *veg* not nonveg, in regard to the thali.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old October 25th, 2007, 11:00 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Angel

Hi Alan

Namaste !!!

Welcome to india . My name is Sonam and am working with travel agency
in New Delhi ,it is always advisible to take the services of tour
operator if you want to enjoy your travel without any tensions.I
myself is working in a travel agency & would love to serve you when
in india .As i think you must have done some research on india or if
you want more information regarding travelling in india you can mail
me at ) or .
we can arrange your trip to india at a cost of $700-800/- in all .

Regards
Angel

Email at "

Old October 25th, 2007, 11:02 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl

"Angel" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi Alan

Namaste !!!

Welcome to india . My name is Sonam and am working with travel agency
in New Delhi ,it is always advisible to take the services of tour
operator if you want to enjoy your travel without any tensions.I
myself is working in a travel agency & would love to serve you when
in india .As i think you must have done some research on india or if
you want more information regarding travelling in india you can mail
me at ) or .
we can arrange your trip to india at a cost of $700-800/- in all .

Visitors should watch out for dodgy travel operators in India, especially
around Delhi.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore