Secaucus, New Jersey

Old September 15th, 2003, 01:17 AM

Default Secaucus, New Jersey

We are planning a trip to the New York City area next month. We've been
told that the Secaucus, NJ area is a good place to stay if we don't want to
stay right in the city. What hotel(s) do you recommend for our stay?

Thanks.

Carol

Old September 15th, 2003, 03:51 AM
Kenny

wrote in message
We are planning a trip to the New York City area next month. We've been
told that the Secaucus, NJ area is a good place to stay if we don't want

stay right in the city. What hotel(s) do you recommend for our stay?
Thanks.
Carol

We went to NYC last month and stayed at Holiday Inn at Scaucus, walking
distance to the NJ bus stop, shops, restaurant and movie theaters right at
the back yard of the hotel. (Sizzlers, UNO Pizza, Dunkin Donuts and Baskin
Robin, Burger King, a small Japanese take out place...). a short drive from
a OK local mall and supermarket. Hotel staff was nice and room was good. The
bus run from every 6 mins ( rush hour) to every hour (weekend) from NJ to
NYC. But like the previous poster said, nothing beat staying in the city.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...hmnnj?irs=null

The Holiday Inn Harmon Meadow offers 161 recently renovated guest rooms and
suites. *Including Coffee Makers*Hairdryers*Voice Mail*Dataport Hookups
*Full size Iron & Ironing Boards *Microwave and Refrigerators in all Rooms.
*Hotel offers a Full Service Restaurant and Lounge*Gift Shop*Exercise Room.
*On Site Laundry Facility*Located just 3 Miles from the Lincoln Tunnel into
NYC *2 Miles from the Meadowlands Sports Complex and Continental Airlines
Arena. *Hotel attached to an Outdoor Mall featuring Shops, Restaurants and
Movie Theaters. Manhattan 3 miles. NJ Transit Bus stop within walking
distance. **Complimentary Shuttle within a 4 mile radius of Hotel in New
Jersey only.**

Kenny @ NEw Hampshire

Old September 15th, 2003, 04:38 AM
Brian Wickham

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 02:51:15 GMT, "Kenny"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
We are planning a trip to the New York City area next month. We've been
told that the Secaucus, NJ area is a good place to stay if we don't want

stay right in the city. What hotel(s) do you recommend for our stay?
Thanks.
Carol

We went to NYC last month and stayed at Holiday Inn at Scaucus, walking
distance to the NJ bus stop, shops, restaurant and movie theaters right at
the back yard of the hotel. (Sizzlers, UNO Pizza, Dunkin Donuts and Baskin
Robin, Burger King, a small Japanese take out place...). a short drive from
a OK local mall and supermarket. Hotel staff was nice and room was good. The
bus run from every 6 mins ( rush hour) to every hour (weekend) from NJ to
NYC. But like the previous poster said, nothing beat staying in the city.

I think that restaurant list is a good reason to not stay in New
Jersey. In NYC your not trapped in mall food heaven.

Brian Wickham
Old September 15th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Eric Holeman

In article ,
Brian Wickham wrote:

the back yard of the hotel. (Sizzlers, UNO Pizza, Dunkin Donuts and Baskin
Robin, Burger King, a small Japanese take out place...). a short drive from

I think that restaurant list is a good reason to not stay in New
Jersey. In NYC you're not trapped in mall food heaven.

Heck, we have the original Uno's in Chicago. If i'm flying east, I want
thin, blister-crust pizza.

--
---
Eric Holeman Chicago Illinois USA
Old September 15th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Miguel Cruz

Carol wrote:
We are planning a trip to the New York City area next month. We've been
told that the Secaucus, NJ area is a good place to stay if we don't want to
stay right in the city. What hotel(s) do you recommend for our stay?

If you are visiting New York City (as opposed to New Jersey), then first off
I'd recommend finding a hotel in the city rather than wasting time
commuting. Between the time and the hassle and the boring evenings and the
inability to rest or drop things off during the day, plus the fact that it's
not significantly cheaper, it just doesn't make any sense.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.