Private Tour Guide for Bankok

Old September 22nd, 2004, 12:48 PM

Default Private Tour Guide for Bankok

I know that advertising is a no-no in these groups, but I wanted to do
a little self-promotion here!

If you are thinking of visiting Bankok anytime in the near future, but
are worried about finding a hotel, getting around town, shopping,
etc... etc... I am available as a private tour guide at 2000 baht
(about $50 or 40Euros) per day. I can help you negotiate a good price
for gold or jewelry, help you find food that you like, show you how to
get to the various tourist sites (palaces, museums, temples), teach
you how to talk to the taxi and tuk-tuk drivers, and show you some of
the nightlife - either discos or some of the wilder go-go's or both!

I have lived in Bangkok most of my life and know the city and nearby
areas very well. I speak fairly good English and good Japanese as
well as Thai.

I am not a company or an official government tour guide, just a
freelancer who does this work on the side. My husband is an English
Teacher and helped me write this post.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 06:00 PM
PeterL

wrote in message
om...
I know that advertising is a no-no in these groups, but I wanted to do
a little self-promotion here!

Robbing a bank is also a no no. Why don't you go rob a bank in Bangkok?

Old September 22nd, 2004, 06:00 PM
PeterL

om...

Old September 22nd, 2004, 06:00 PM
PeterL

om...

Old September 22nd, 2004, 08:45 PM
ash

I don't see the harm in the posting. Someone on this forum may find it
useful to have a guide.
"PeterL" wrote in message

om...

Old September 22nd, 2004, 08:57 PM
Burma Action Group

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, ash wrote:

I don't see the harm in the posting. Someone on this forum may find it
useful to have a guide.

Good point. In fact, all of the several thousand people who might also
see themselves as private tour guides in Bangkok should post here. Must
be a few hundred from Chiang Mai, some from Phuket. Then we can move on
and encourage guides from India, China, Korea, Japan and so on. Imagine
how useful the forum will become!

"PeterL" wrote in message

wrote in message
om...
I know that advertising is a no-no in these groups, but I wanted to do
a little self-promotion here!

Robbing a bank is also a no no. Why don't you go rob a bank in Bangkok?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BURMA ACTION GROUP
SAO Box 119, HUB
University of Washington http://students.washington.edu/burma/
Seattle, WA 98195

Old September 22nd, 2004, 10:38 PM
Miguel Cruz

Thomas F. Unke wrote:
Burma Action Group writes:
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, ash wrote:
I don't see the harm in the posting. Someone on this forum may find it
useful to have a guide.

Good point. In fact, all of the several thousand people who might also
see themselves as private tour guides in Bangkok should post here. Must
be a few hundred from Chiang Mai, some from Phuket. Then we can move on
and encourage guides from India, China, Korea, Japan and so on. Imagine
how useful the forum will become!

Good point!

Then add all action groups from China, Thailand, Indonesia,
Philippines, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Afghanistan....

Imagine how useful the forum will become!

No, there is a problem with your proposal.

It doesn't help the people who are looking for transportation or lodging! We
need all of them to post their information here too, in case it's useful.

Also, some other things I've found useful include metric conversion charts,
a telephone directory, and the dictionary. Someone should post those too.
Imagine how useful the forum will become!

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 31 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Old September 23rd, 2004, 05:15 AM
Sleeping Dog !!!

Good point. In fact, all of the several thousand people who might also
see themselves as private tour guides in Bangkok should post here. Must
be a few hundred from Chiang Mai, some from Phuket. Then we can move on
and encourage guides from India, China, Korea, Japan and so on. Imagine
how useful the forum will become!

so you would like to see postings from private tour guides from Myanmar !!!