Vietnamese girlfriend with alleged heart problems

Old February 6th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Dorf_Mann

Default Vietnamese girlfriend with alleged heart problems

Citronella wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 20:14:37 +0000 (UTC), "Simon"
wrote:

You sound very sure that this is a scam. Have you been through a similar
situation yourself or do you know of anyone who has ?

Just curious, but where did Old Jim meet this flower of the orient??

To add to this, Jim would like to go back over to Vietnam to see his
partner, but her family are putting up much resistance apparently because
they do not want help from the UK/USA !

If Old Jim is really pulled down by this why doesn't he hop on a plane
and go see for himself?? How can her family control whether Old Jim
buys a plane ticket or not??

This is such a common story over here, but it is a bit unique in that
usually it's the family water buffalo that has the heart problem and
needs the transplant.

Tell Old Jim to get his ass on a plane and go see. If it's a scam
he'll know instantly and then can get on with his (rarther naive)
life. If it's not, he's show his flag, as it were, and who knows-
maybe it will work out for them.

I assume that this is a male Vietnamese that Old Jim is involved in,
as you keep refering to it as the 'partner'.

C.

The "Partner" is the Vietnamese business associate...Jim was in
Vietnam on business and met a girl while on business...get
it??...Geeez!...this is all too the case throught SE Asia...why not
pick up the phone and call the doctor at the hospital?...they do have
phones you know and its a whole lot cheaper than flying there...ask
the parents what hospital, the doctors name, date of the operation,
how is it being paid for, what was the cost,ect...I wonder how Jim met
this girl?...was he introduced to this girl by his business
partner?...could this girl be a relative of the business partner and
Jim is so clueless in love he's never thought about it or worse she's
the business partners girlfriend/wife and the pair in tandem are
sucking Jim dry...most asian women have "domestic" boyfriends or are
married and their "job" is to find one if not several foreign
boyfriends who will send remittences on a monthly basis and in
exchange the boy friend receives love letters and emails stating "I
can't wait to see you" and "you're the only one I love"...this scam is
perpetrated throught Asia on unsuspecting tourists all the time and
they even have instruction for the girls in some provinces on how to
pull off the scam...it's even graduated onto the internet now...Heart
transplant???....already done???....you must be joking...the amount of
money to perform that operation (if any doctor there can) would be
enormous...better than 90% sure the guy is getting scammed and tell
him to tred lightly...the books are full of foreigners that have lost
their lives in SE Asia chasing after a pretty girl...IMHO forget
her...not worth it...I've been in the same situation...get out before
it costs you big time!
Old February 8th, 2004, 02:41 AM
Englishmum

Originally posted by Simon
My brother-in-law, Jim,

visited Vietnam a year ago and met a Vietnamese
partner. He has now

returned to England, UK, but since his return he found
out that his

'girlfriend' has a serious heart problem. She is in and out of

hospital and relies on financial support from Jim.

Has anyone had

similar experiences to this ?

Regards,
Simon.

Just
read some of the Personal stories of expat guys meeting the local ladies
he

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com

Dozens and dozens of
accounts of guys like your brother and how they were scammed. He's not
the first and won't be the last......

Old February 9th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Wolfie

I have to reply to this part ... sucking Jim dry...most Asian women have
"domestic" boyfriends"

Anytime you make a blanket statement you are usually wrong. I (being
American) married an Asian woman and have now been happily married to her
since 1999. I have traveled thrice to Asia, and met many locals. I do not
think that vast majority of Asian woman have "SCAM" on their minds. I find
my Asian wife loving, loyal and hard working, unlike many American woman.I
have met many of my wife's friends and relatives and from what I can tell
they only want a decent man they can marry for LIFE (unlike the thinking
here in US.) Usually these woman are virgins, no matter their age.

I think there are many men being suckered by woman who are "in love with
them" but it is mostly the man's naivety. I was suckered by a woman from
Oklahoma (hi Ann Shelton), so it can happen anywhere to anyone. If a man
listens to his loves cues he will know if he is being suckered. But don't
say all Asian woman are like that!
"Dorf_Mann" wrote in message
m...

. ..

[...]