What food do you think of when you think of Beijing?

Old January 30th, 2006, 06:07 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.usa

Default Meaning of Opera

"Ira Humperdink MD" wrote in message
oups.com...
I will believe you are rich when you tell me something only a rich
person would know. Where have you travelled? have you skied in the
Italian alps? A rich person would know the best place to say in the
alps. Where is that?

Any airline stewardess can give you the answers to those questions,
Mark, but how many rich airline stewardesses do you know? As to the last
question, I rather like Saanen.
J.

Old January 30th, 2006, 06:52 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.usa

shut up venning. I'm talking to richasiankid. He does not know
because he's too poor to have ever been to europe, nevermind a fancy
resort in the alps.

Old January 30th, 2006, 07:10 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.usa

"Ira Humperdink MD" wrote in message
ups.com...
shut up venning. I'm talking to richasiankid. He does not know
because he's too poor to have ever been to europe, nevermind a fancy
resort in the alps.

Mark, when you do not include the post to which you reply, how could I
know to whom you were referring? Incidentally, have you ever been to Saanen?
I prefer it to Interlaken.
J.

Old January 30th, 2006, 11:22 PM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.usa

Ira Humperdink MD wrote:
you are as "rich" as you are "brilliant."

I will believe you are rich when you tell me something only a rich
person would know. Where have you travelled? have you skied in the
Italian alps? A rich person would know the best place to say in the
alps. Where is that?

Actually I'm dumb and poor. I even sing opera by the street corner.
Happy now?

Old February 6th, 2006, 01:06 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

Default What food do you think of when you think of Beijing?

mark wrote:

Chou Doffu (the most awful smelling food I've ever encountered).

That's a Taiwanese delicacy, I've never seen it (or smelled it) in
Beijing. OTOH, I live in a city with a very large Taiwanese population,
and there are restaurants here that serve stinky tofu, and it's popular
at street fairs and festivals. You can literally smell it a block from
where it's cooking.

It tastes better than it smells.
Old February 6th, 2006, 03:50 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 09:06:53 +0800, SMS wrote
(in article ):

mark wrote:

Chou Doffu (the most awful smelling food I've ever encountered).

That's a Taiwanese delicacy, I've never seen it (or smelled it) in
Beijing. OTOH, I live in a city with a very large Taiwanese population,
and there are restaurants here that serve stinky tofu, and it's popular
at street fairs and festivals. You can literally smell it a block from
where it's cooking.

It tastes better than it smells.

Especially after a couple of beers.

--
Love, Jim

Old February 6th, 2006, 03:57 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

VARIETY.... How can anyone focus on "one" food there, I have no clue... you
have to have a narrow minded appitite to focus on one thing there.

Old February 6th, 2006, 04:59 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

"BillReese" wrote in

From: "BillReese"
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

VARIETY.... How can anyone focus on "one" food there, I have no
clue... you have to have a narrow minded appitite to focus on one
thing there.

Nah - us foreigners just remember the extreme foods

Old February 6th, 2006, 11:21 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia

"BillReese" wrote in message news:sOzFf.7281$Gg1.3588@trnddc03...
VARIETY.... How can anyone focus on "one" food there, I have no clue... you
have to have a narrow minded appitite to focus on one thing there.

Good point. I would personally like to hear what food *you* think of when you think of Beijing. Let's see if our tastes are similar.
J.
Old February 7th, 2006, 12:43 AM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.usa

I can't believe this lame topic has as many responses is it does.