Bancock to Bali

Old June 14th, 2006, 10:04 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

Default Bancock to Bali

Does anyone have any advice on how to get from Bancock to Bali cheaply?
The airfares I have found are around $800 US for a RT. Are they cheaper
if you buy them in Bancock? How much cheaper? Is there a cheaper way to
get to bali?

Also, if I wanted to get from Bancock or Bali to Australia, what's the
cheapist way of doing this?

I am basically trying to figure out if I need to book a circle pacific
or RTW airfare, or can do better by getting a cheap flight to bancock
and then buying other things from there.

Josh

p.s. I am not leaving for another year, just doing research now...

Old June 14th, 2006, 11:22 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

jsher wrote:
Does anyone have any advice on how to get from Bancock to Bali
cheaply? The airfares I have found are around $800 US for a RT. Are
they cheaper if you buy them in Bancock? How much cheaper? Is there a
cheaper way to get to bali?

Also, if I wanted to get from Bancock or Bali to Australia, what's the
cheapist way of doing this?

I am basically trying to figure out if I need to book a circle pacific
or RTW airfare, or can do better by getting a cheap flight to bancock
and then buying other things from there.

Josh

p.s. I am not leaving for another year, just doing research now...

Try www.airasia.com

If you flew Bangkok to KL then KL to Bali ....... .

It can be done for:
BKK to KL return about £50 return
KL to Bali return about £70 or less

Jan

Old June 15th, 2006, 01:35 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Does anyone have any advice on how to get from Bancock to Bali cheaply?
The airfares I have found are around $800 US for a RT. Are they cheaper
if you buy them in Bancock? How much cheaper? Is there a cheaper way to
get to bali?

Bangkok is one the best places in the world to buy discount air
tickets, so you should buy the ticket from a discount travel agent
there (there are a few recommended ones in the Lonely Planet Bangkok).

DO NOT use Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, etc. to buy an Asian
flight, since it will be much more expensive than just buying it when
you are over there.

Also, if I wanted to get from Bancock or Bali to Australia, what's the
cheapist way of doing this?

Probably a discount travel agent in Bali.

I am basically trying to figure out if I need to book a circle pacific
or RTW airfare, or can do better by getting a cheap flight to bancock
and then buying other things from there.

Are you going anywhere else besides Bangkok, Bali, and Australia?

And where are you leaving from?

RTW tickets usually don't pay off unless (1) you want a huge number of
short flights, or (2) you are going to obscure places like Easter
Island and Kathmandu and the Maldives that would be very expensive to
get to separately. If you are going to just a few major airports like
Bangkok and Sydney then there are almost certainly cheaper alternatives
than an RTW ticket.

You might try airtreks.com and airbrokers.com. They put together a
custom-made RTW or Circle Pacific from discount one-way tickets, and
I've heard good things about them.

Depending on your route though, you might prefer the flexibility and
often lower cost of just buying tickets as you go along. With
"low-cost airlines", you can get many flights within Europe, within the
Middle East (try Air Arabia), or within Asia (try Air Asia) very
cheaply - so the only expensive part is going between continents.

Old June 15th, 2006, 07:21 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

jsher wrote :

Does anyone have any advice on how to get from Bancock to Bali cheaply?
The airfares I have found are around $800 US for a RT. Are they cheaper
if you buy them in Bancock? How much cheaper? Is there a cheaper way to
get to bali?

p.s. I am not leaving for another year, just doing research now...

If you have time, maybe Phuket Air (low cost company) will resume his
flights to Bali.
Be aware that Phuket Air had both financial and safety problems !

At present it appears that there are no low-cost company that flights
directly from Bangkok to Denpasar, so I think the best advice is the
suggestion that gave to you Jan.

--
federicoP

-------------------
per scrivermi elimina la china

Old June 15th, 2006, 10:00 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

Jan wrote:
jsher wrote:
Does anyone have any advice on how to get from Bancock to Bali
cheaply? The airfares I have found are around $800 US for a RT. Are
they cheaper if you buy them in Bancock? How much cheaper? Is there a
cheaper way to get to bali?

Also, if I wanted to get from Bancock or Bali to Australia, what's the
cheapist way of doing this?

I am basically trying to figure out if I need to book a circle pacific
or RTW airfare, or can do better by getting a cheap flight to bancock
and then buying other things from there.

Josh

p.s. I am not leaving for another year, just doing research now...

Try www.airasia.com

If you flew Bangkok to KL then KL to Bali ....... .

It can be done for:
BKK to KL return about £50 return
KL to Bali return about £70 or less

Jan

Awesome thanks! For some reason, even searching consolidators all the
fares I found were over 10 times that price! By KL I assume you mean
Kuala Lumpur

I am still not sure what my exact plans are.
I am definitely going to Thailand and Bali/Lombak. As well as traveling
some around the area (vietnam, cambodia, malaysia etc.)
I would like to get to Australia, and New Zealand. (I have been to both
countries 5 years ago).
Ideally I would like to get to Fiji and the Cook Islands if I can get a
cheap stopover.
I have friends I would like to visit in Hong Kong.
I would like to get to China (Shanghei especially).
I would like to get to india and nepal.
I would like to get to south africa, mauritius, tanzania and egypt.
I would like to get to turkey and around the black sea and into russia.
It would be nice to get to get to chech and poland (I was in prague 15
years ago).
I would like to get to spain and portugal (I also visited parts of
spain 15 years ago).

If you notice my theme, these are mostly cheaper destinations-e.g. A
long visit to france isn't in my budget... I am actually planning on
spending part of my time writing a book, so would like to be at nice
beach like locations that are much cheaper than Los Angeles (where I
currently live).

I have about 9 months to a year to do this "RTW" trip, although nothing
is set in stone right now. But what I do will be largely driven by
"value" considerations - e.g. where can I get to reasonably cheaply and
without to much hassle that I will enjoy. I probably will have about
$15,000 US saved up for this trip (including travel costs, insutrance,
etc.), but would rather not stay in the absolutely cheapist places
(most hostals are fine) and would like to eat some of my meals in
resturants. I believe that I can do Thailand and Bali comfortably for
about $15/day after the transportation expenses but my expenses will be
higher in many of the other places.

Any recomendations, would be appreciated.

p,s. I saw a fare for LA-BKK-Dehli-Paris-New York for $1100 US plus
fees (so probably $1400 US) and thought that was a good deal....

Old June 16th, 2006, 06:44 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

jsher wrote :

I am still not sure what my exact plans are.
If you notice my theme, these are mostly cheaper destinations-e.g. A
long visit to france isn't in my budget... I am actually planning on
spending part of my time writing a book, so would like to be at nice
beach like locations that are much cheaper than Los Angeles (where I
currently live).

What about India ?

It is cheap and a wonderful place, with a lot of things to see.

If stay in Goa for a while, there you can find a nice beach, friendly
people that speak english, a relaxing atmosphere, good possibility of
hotel or houses to rent, and good restaurants.

I think this could be the perfect location for writing a book !

Do not forget the monsoon season from June to October, also if it could
be more ispiring for your writing.

--
federicoP

-------------------
per scrivermi elimina la china

Old June 16th, 2006, 07:18 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Alfred Molon wrote :

The beach in Goa may be relaxing, but the rest of India is not. It's one
of the toughest and most tiring countries to travel around.

Probably we had different experiences, but it is well known that India
is a country to love or to hate.

I have been in India many times in the last twenty years, also for
business, and I feel completely relaxed when I am there.

Particularly I find Goa, with his portuguese laziness, the perfect
place to stop and think.

bye, see you on i.h.v :-))

--
federicoP