"Biking Comedian" Pedals to Hawaii!

Old September 29th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default "Biking Comedian" Pedals to Hawaii!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Carnival and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

'BIKING COMEDIAN' TO PEDAL TO HAWAII ON CRUISE SHIP AND COMPLETE
16-YEAR QUEST

MIAMI 09/29/03
Tom Snyders, the "Bicycling Comedian," is slated to
complete his 16-year quest to bicycle all 50 U.S. states when Carnival
Cruise Lines' Carnival Spirit arrives at Maui, Hawaii, Tuesday, Sept.
30.
Snyder departed Vancouver, B.C., Wednesday, Sept. 24, and has pedaled
his
bike on a stationary stand and performed his comedy act on board the
ship
during the five-day crossing.
During the past 16 years Snyders has ridden his bicycle to
more than
200 engagements at comedy clubs and festivals. He has logged more than
121,000 miles - five times the circumference of the earth - and has
traversed the 49 continental states, but has never biked Hawaii.
Over the course of his travels, Snyders has photographed silly and
enigmatic
signs all over the United States, Australia and Europe. The absurd
images
combined with his on-the-road experiences provide the comedic material
for
his act, which incorporates a slide show and humorous recounting of
his
biking adventures.
When the Carnival Spirit docks at the Port of Kahului on Maui, Snyders
will
complete his quest by cycling for the day on the island before
rejoining the
ship for a cruise to Ensenada, Mexico.
Introduced in April 2001, the 88,500-ton, 2,124-passenger Carnival
Spirit
was built in Finland for $375 million. The ship sails seasonally to
Hawaii
every spring and fall.

Carnival Cruise Lines is a proud member of the exclusive World's
Leading
Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Holland America
Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar Cruises
and The Yachts of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest,
and a
commitment to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide
range of lifestyles and budgets. Together, we offer an exciting and
enriching cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations.
All Carnival Cruises can be booked through your travel professional.