The new Oceania Riviera ......

Old February 28th, 2011, 10:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cal Ford

Default The new Oceania Riviera ......

Paul: Yes, there were a lot of lessons learned no doubt but overall I think
Oceania did a great job considering it was their first newbuild and there were a
lot of fingers in that pie stirring things up. It is a year away and most likely
you will be ready for it by then.

There is something exciting about being the first passengers on a ship though
and I really think we will be there for the maiden of the Riviera no matter
what. It will not be a Transatlantic I do know that for sure so we will package
both pre and post activities for our travel mates. We just do not like to fly
that far just for a cruise, we need to maximise the experience as much as
possible.

Hopefully we can put together a great adventure at a very reasonable cost. The
cruise portion will sell out quickly as did the Marina. Bob Binder told me
Saturday that he is being personally pestered by people who want to book now,
pay the full amount, and then worry about which cabin later. Everyone will have
to wait for antoher two weeks though.

Look us up on Facebook by doing a search for "Oceania by Cal" and give us a
like. All the details will be posted there.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article , Paul Johnson says...

"Cal Ford" wrote in message
We have advance information concerning the Maiden voyage of the Sister of
the
Marina. Schedule looks like April of 2012 but we know the definitive
scoop.
Let's see who is paying attention.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

I suspect that they will be a little more cautious in bring out Riviera.
There was much unfinished work on Marina when it pulled away from Barcelona.
Having said that, we did really enjoy making the maiden voyage, but we will
most likely pass on Riviera.

Old March 1st, 2011, 10:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Cal Ford" wrote in message
[...]

Not a Trans-Atlantic!!! I'm disappointed, Cal! That was what I liked most
about taking the Regatta! I enjoyed her much more taking her trans-Atlantic
than when we took her in the Caribbean. ;-( The long flights to and from
Europe are what really is tiring. I wish they would create some itineraries
that you could take a TA and then a 4-5 days later, take a TA back! I'd be
the first to sign up!

--Jean

Old March 12th, 2011, 08:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

If it's anywhere near the success of the first "Riviera" cruise ship the
it will be amazing.

The Marconi, was purchased for $2.5 million and $38 million to
refurbish it and launched the "cruising Italian Style"ambiance that has
made Costa Europe's largest, and most profitable cruise line.