Mariner Review - Last

Old December 7th, 2009, 09:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kenn Smith

Default Mariner Review - Last

I don't think that I have described our shipboard accommodations which
were more than adequate. Our suite, #963 (a category E room), was
starboard side and slightly aft of midships. It was maybe 25' to the
closest elevator. It was something over 300 sq ft with ample drawer
space and a walk in closet capable of handling our overpacked suitcases.
Lots of hangers.

It had a good work desk, comfortable sofa and chair, very good area
lighting, refrigerator and minibar which was restocked daily if needed
and a really good interactive TV system. Our stewardess, Annalyn, was
very attentive and efficient; I doubt that there was anything we could
have asked for which she couldn't make appear in a heartbeat. She has
been with Regent for three years and obviously likes her job.

Except for when crammed with returners from excursions the elevators are
rarely full and there is about no wait time for one. I liked that.

We never had to wait for a table at any of the dining venues, not once,
and we tried them all. In all of the venues the service very good to
excellent; prompt, courteous but not fawning.

The passengers generally followed the dress rules which the ship makes
an effort to enforce. I twice witnessed a waiter gently telling
gentlemen in shorts after 6:00 PM that it was time to change. Formal
nights saw a lot of tux and long dresses. On the first formal night (of
three) I commented to my British surgeon friend the old Texas saying,
"You clean up pretty good." He almost fell over laughing. There were a
lot of beautiful dresses worn during the formal nights - we males all
looked like penguins in our tux.

Old December 9th, 2009, 09:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Kenn Smith wrote On 12/7/2009 4:50 PM:
[...]

There have been some fashion forward updates to the old tux. Carlo
Scotti features some 1940's inspired shawl collar tuxes, Jean Yves
offers a 1 button notch with a clean slightly tapered line, also
available are satin mandarin collar tuxes in black or white. Fubu has
a 4 button tux that has a sliming effect on tall men of a certain girth.
John Galante offers a smashing tux it's a one button notch with self top
collar. I like the black mandarin by Jean Yves.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951