Do not stay in Park Hotel in Victoria, London

Old June 9th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Ingear

Default Do not stay in Park Hotel in Victoria, London

Hotel Name: Park Hotel, Belgrave Road, Victoria, London
This hotel sucks!! It has a lot of bugs in the room. We had insect
bites. Very Poor service, and The room always Smelled like ****,
serious, very stinky smell. Try to Avoid this hotel.
Old June 9th, 2004, 02:34 AM
George Fahrenkopf

Sorry to hear about your hotel choice.

In Victoria stay at Blades Hotel on Belgraves Rd. Great staff. Good
breakfast. Hot water. No bugs. Clean. Near bus stops and eateries.
Kevin, the manager, is a kick.

George

Old June 9th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Charles Hawtrey

Padraig Breathnach wandered out of a yurt and
mumbled:

(Ingear) wrote:

Hotel Name: Park Hotel, Belgrave Road, Victoria, London
This hotel sucks!! It has a lot of bugs in the room. We had insect
bites. Very Poor service, and The room always Smelled like ****,
serious, very stinky smell. Try to Avoid this hotel.

I find it difficult to take posts like this seriously.

I don't.

I enjoy visiting London but my experience of London hotels is that too
many are overpriced, poorly maintained, and staffed by people who feel
customers are a nuisance. The experience described in the original
post above doesn't sound at all far-fetched.

On a more positive note I can recommend St. Margaret's Hotel in
Bloomsbury. Not at all fancy, but at least it's affordable, and the
staff are very helpful and pleasant.

--
"Music is, after all, a highly complex form of mathmatical
encryption. It's so powerful that in modulates human

Old June 9th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Charles Hawtrey

(Ingear) wandered out of a yurt and mumbled:

Hotel Name: Park Hotel, Belgrave Road, Victoria, London
This hotel sucks!! It has a lot of bugs in the room. We had insect
bites. Very Poor service, and The room always Smelled like ****,
serious, very stinky smell. Try to Avoid this hotel.

For more tales of woe Park Hotel, see:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...n_England.html

Old June 9th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Owain

"Padraig Breathnach" wrote
| I have no problem taking it seriously at all. I have had the
| same experience at 2 supposedly upscale London hotels.
| I have no difficulty in believing that there are bad --
| some very bad -- hotels in London.

I've never been impressed with London hotels. One of the problems is that
there is no mandatory inspection or registration scheme [1] for hotels. I
think something like 80% of tourist related accommodation [2] is registered
with the tourist boards in Scotland, 50% in England but only 20% in London.
Those figures may be mis-remembered from a radio report some time ago.

I don't remember ever staying in a dirty hotel in Scotland [3].

Owain

[1] There are requirements for fire certificates for sleeping accommodation
for more than 6 persons, and for the registration of food premises with
Environmental Health, but no general hotel quality scheme.

[2] I'm not counting 'bed and breakfast' accommodation for the homeless, nor
establishments that cater for building site workers and the like.

[3] My mother did get a stomach upset whilst staying in one hotel about 25
years ago.

Old June 9th, 2004, 07:35 PM
d b

In that case---I'm sorry but where do you get off making the statement you
did? Not trying to start a war----I just do not see what your problem was
with the posting.

You condem the post because you don't know the poster?

Why?

djb

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

d b wrote:

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

d b wrote:

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

(Ingear) wrote:

Hotel Name: Park Hotel, Belgrave Road, Victoria, London
This hotel sucks!! It has a lot of bugs in the room. We had insect
bites. Very Poor service, and The room always Smelled like ****,
serious, very stinky smell. Try to Avoid this hotel.

I find it difficult to take posts like this seriously.

I have no problem taking it seriously at all. I have had the same
experience at 2 supposedly upscale London hotels.

I have no difficulty in believing that there are bad -- some very bad
-- hotels in London. I just don't give much weight to the opinions of
people about whom I know nothing at all.

With respect----in these newsgroups it is obviously impossible to "know
about" everyone who reads and posts here. Just because you or I may know
"know" a poster does NOT negate their obvious experiences and opinions.

I never said the poster was wrong; I simply said that I find it
difficult to take such a post seriously. The reason is that I know
nothing at all about the poster, and a quick google suggests to me
that this person has not made any other posts here.

Neither am I telling anybody else what to think.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED