Oasis of the Seas Pictures

Old November 25th, 2009, 04:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default Oasis of the Seas Pictures

It has been hectic since we got home, but I have uploaded some pictures
from the Oasis of the Seas.

Look at http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/photos/oasis/index.html

I'll work on a trip report soon.

--

George Leppla

Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com
Blog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster
Old November 25th, 2009, 05:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"George Leppla" wrote in message
It has been hectic since we got home, but I have uploaded some pictures
from the Oasis of the Seas.

Look at http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/photos/oasis/index.html

I'll work on a trip report soon.

The weirdest thing to me seems like how the pool deck is split in half...
kind of "disconnected"... did you get that feeling? Or does it work once you
get there in person?

--Tom

Old November 25th, 2009, 05:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"George Leppla" wrote in message
It has been hectic since we got home, but I have uploaded some pictures
from the Oasis of the Seas.

Look at http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/photos/oasis/index.html

I'll work on a trip report soon.

She looks like an ABSOLUTELY MUST DO. Royal knows how to do the best ships.
Other than the QM2, nothing even comes close to Voyager, Freedom and (from
the looks of it) this class of ship.

--Tom

Old November 25th, 2009, 05:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Tom K wrote:
"George Leppla" wrote in message
It has been hectic since we got home, but I have uploaded some pictures
from the Oasis of the Seas.

Look at http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/photos/oasis/index.html

I'll work on a trip report soon.

The weirdest thing to me seems like how the pool deck is split in half...
kind of "disconnected"... did you get that feeling? Or does it work once you
get there in person?

The ship is so wide that it works. On one side is the general pool area
with hot tubs, on the other side is the "sand beach" area and the
children's play area. Thay are all connected byu the elevator towers in
the foreward area and a stage area in the midship area.

The think that keeps this ship from being overwhelming in size is that
it is broken into many smaller areas that flow from one into the other.
The "neighborhood" concept works very well

Old November 25th, 2009, 07:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Nov 25, 11:53�am, George Leppla wrote:
It has been hectic since we got home, but I have uploaded some pictures
from the Oasis of the Seas.

Look at �http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/photos/oasis/index.html

I'll work on a trip report soon.

--

George Leppla

Countryside Travelhttp://www.CruiseMaster.com
Blog �http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster

Looks very nice thanks for posting... these are making me exctied
everyone who comes back has the cute pics of the bathroom doors. SO is
there a urinal that has a waterfall like I believe it was Voyager? I
got a kick out of that! LOL
Old November 26th, 2009, 04:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
benjs

George, I saw the link on Facebook on my wall. Thanks for posting the
pics. They look very close to the renderings. Ship brings outside in
in the Central Park and Boardwalk areas that are outside. Seems
"warmer" than Voyager class, reminds me of summer shore areas, hotel/
resorts with open areas, lots of shops and eateries and a good amount
of water sports and activities.

How is wheelchair accessibility? I guess it would be excellent. Did
you tender anywhere? I guess you may address these things in your
report. Good idea to have hand-washing stations throughout the ship.

Excellent pics. Shows a good amount of the ship. Seems to further
extend RCI ships' attributes.

I'll look for your cruise report link on Facebook.

Ben

Old November 26th, 2009, 06:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gettamulla Tupya

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:53:44 -0600, George Leppla wrote:

It has been hectic since we got home, but I have uploaded some pictures
from the Oasis of the Seas.

Look at http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/photos/oasis/index.html

I'll work on a trip report soon.

Interesting. Apart from the sheer size of the vessel limiting what ports she can call at, all of the greenery limits ports even
further. Quarantine laws would stop the ship entering Australian waters with those plants as they are.
Old November 27th, 2009, 02:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

You know what they say on the Oasis:

"THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOODS"

Old November 28th, 2009, 05:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Steve[_10_]

Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
Interesting. Apart from the sheer size of the vessel limiting what ports she can call at, all of the greenery limits ports even
further. Quarantine laws would stop the ship entering Australian waters with those plants as they are.

Now THAT's interesting. I'm pretty aware of the problems of invasive
species but I have to admit, I didn't even think of a problem with
traveling plants when I first read about the Central Park idea. I hope
the future of Oasis isn't a collection of plastic plants.

Steve
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 00:35:44 -0500, Steve wrote:

Interesting. Apart from the sheer size of the vessel limiting what ports she can call at, all of the greenery limits ports even
further. Quarantine laws would stop the ship entering Australian waters with those plants as they are.

Now THAT's interesting. I'm pretty aware of the problems of invasive
species but I have to admit, I didn't even think of a problem with
traveling plants when I first read about the Central Park idea. I hope
the future of Oasis isn't a collection of plastic plants.

It's not so much the plants as the insect pests they may harbour.