American Food Products in Montpellier?

Old February 4th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Ellie C

Default American Food Products in Montpellier?

With the American Library in Montpellier, I'm guessing there might be a
fair sized American population there. Does this mean I might be able to
find American products in supermarkets there? Here in the Aude there are
very few American products available. Of course, theres Sauce Americain,
which I've never seen in America. :-)

Wouldlove to find someplace to buy pepperoni and cheddar cheese....

Old February 4th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Jeremy

On 4/2/04 19:15, in article , "Ellie C"
wrote:

Wouldlove to find someplace to buy pepperoni and cheddar cheese....

You're joking. Please tell me you're joking.

J;

Old February 4th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Ellie C

Why would I joke about this? Just because I like what I can buy here do
I have to forget everything I ever liked before? Is that some rule I was
unaware of? I like cheddar cheese. I like pepperoni pizza. YMMV.

Old February 4th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Jeremy

On 4/2/04 19:48, in article , "Ellie C"
wrote:

Why would I joke about this? Just because I like what I can buy here do
I have to forget everything I ever liked before? Is that some rule I was
unaware of? I like cheddar cheese. I like pepperoni pizza. YMMV.

Well, self evidently, you can like what you want. But I find it quite
incomprehensible that someone would go into a French cheese shop and see
(literally) hundreds of delicious tasty products and think "hmm, right now I
think I'd prefer some Cheddar". Obviously that represents a failure of
imagination on my part.

J;

Old February 4th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Tim Kroesen

You'll need to go to Cheddar, England and Italy for the *real* stuff
Ellie...g

The point being 'American' food origins come from all over the world;
just as our Citizens do... I'll bet you'll be able to find 'pizza
fixins' all over the world; but the crust and toppings may vary widely!

Tim K

"Ellie C" wrote in message
Why would I joke about this? Just because I like what I can buy here

do
I have to forget everything I ever liked before? Is that some rule I

was
unaware of? I like cheddar cheese. I like pepperoni pizza. YMMV.

Jeremy wrote:

On 4/2/04 19:15, in article ,

Old February 4th, 2004, 07:03 PM
nightjar

"Ellie C" wrote in message
With the American Library in Montpellier, I'm guessing there might be a
fair sized American population there. Does this mean I might be able to
find American products in supermarkets there?

I can't say I've noticed any when shopping in the area, but then I wouldn't
be looking for them either.

Colin Bignell

Old February 4th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Yorick

Ellie C wrote:
With the American Library in Montpellier, I'm guessing there might be a
fair sized American population there. Does this mean I might be able to
find American products in supermarkets there? Here in the Aude there are
very few American products available. Of course, theres Sauce Americain,
which I've never seen in America. :-)

Wouldlove to find someplace to buy pepperoni and cheddar cheese....

Oh yes, I love those typical American products like cheddar cheese and
pepperoni too! It's a shame they're so hard to find in Europe.

How about pizza, salami, capuccino, Gouda cheese, and pancakes? I wish those
were available outside of the US.

Yorick.

Old February 4th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Ulf Kutzner

Ellie C schrieb:

With the American Library in Montpellier, I'm guessing there might be a
fair sized American population there. Does this mean I might be able to
find American products in supermarkets there?

Wouldlove to find someplace to buy pepperoni and cheddar cheese....

No idea whether they use cheddar at the local McDonald's...

Regards, ULF
Old February 4th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Keith Anderson

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 19:01:30 GMT, "Tim Kroesen"
wrote:

You'll need to go to Cheddar, England and Italy for the *real* stuff
Ellie...g

The point being 'American' food origins come from all over the world;
just as our Citizens do... I'll bet you'll be able to find 'pizza
fixins' all over the world; but the crust and toppings may vary widely!

I would think that the pork scratchings which my local pub sells are
probably outlawed by the Geneva Convention in other countries.