Throw Away Cameras

Old January 19th, 2006, 01:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Throw Away Cameras

Older dudes and dudettes can't be bothered with digital cams, storage,
laptop, cellphones etc. We prefer to relax and forget about the all the rude
gadgets!

Old January 19th, 2006, 02:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

clint wrote:
Older dudes and dudettes can't be bothered with digital cams, storage,
laptop, cellphones etc. We prefer to relax and forget about the all the rude
gadgets!

Speak for yourself, Clint. I love hi tech, and even
understand a little of it. Digital cameras are pretty
easy after the first hour of trying one out. :-)

Ermalee ---can't go anywhere without my cell phone

Old January 19th, 2006, 07:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

clint wrote:
Older dudes and dudettes can't be bothered with digital cams, storage,
laptop, cellphones etc. We prefer to relax and forget about the all the rude
gadgets!

If all you are interested in is relaxing why not just stay home and
watch tv?

Scott

Old January 19th, 2006, 01:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Scott W" wrote in message
oups.com...
clint wrote:
Older dudes and dudettes can't be bothered with digital cams, storage,
laptop, cellphones etc. We prefer to relax and forget about the all the
rude
gadgets!

If all you are interested in is relaxing why not just stay home and
watch tv?

Because he can't figure out how to use the remote...

Old January 19th, 2006, 04:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I personally prefer a digital camera. In fact, I have rather an expensive
one, with all type of bells and whistles. However, believe it or not, I have
found that one of these throw-away cameras was actually preferred over my
digital. This has to do with the setting. My wife and I want to Glen Ivy Hot
Springs (Corona, California); a day resort of pools, Jacuzzis, red clay mud,
mineral pools, etc. I wanted to take pictures and store them on one of these
on-line photo albums for all to see. However, I was very reluctant to bring
my good digital camera, for I would need to leave it with our towels and
other things while we were in the pools, etc. Basically, I was afraid of it
being stolen.

As a solution, I bought one of these high-resolutions throw-away camera, for
if that was stolen, I would only be out $10. The finished pictures I also
had stored on a disk, for then I could use those images to create my on-line
photo alums. This worked like a charm, and in fact, the pictures turned out
so good on-line, that one cannot really tell the difference between a cheap
throw-away camera and my expensive digital camera. So much for my
photographic ability I guess, but that's not really the point. The point is,
a throw-away camera may indeed fit the bit at times - even for us digital
camera lovers.

John Sisker
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old January 19th, 2006, 04:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"John Sisker" wrote:

[...]

I do this too especially for places like the beach where not only do I
not want the camera stolen but I also don't want sand and salt water
etc in it. Works great for snorkeling using a disposable snorkeling
camera.

The difference is that usually outdoors, you have enough light and
don't have to do anything fancy as far as exposure etc goes

John Sisker
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

"clint" wrote in message
t...
Older dudes and dudettes can't be bothered with digital cams, storage,
laptop, cellphones etc. We prefer to relax and forget about the all the
rude gadgets!

Speak for yourself. I'm an older dudette and love my digital camera
and laptop. Wouldn't be without it. Although my children complain
that I have my cell phone off all the time.

My mom who is 96 also has several computers and is on-line every day.
She hasn't got a digital camera yet though - she still sticks with
film.

grandma Rosalie
Old January 19th, 2006, 04:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Good point. All my throw-away camera pictures of Glen Ivy Hot Springs were
indeed outside, in the hot sun on a nice day. Inside, with the flash, may
have been a different result, even though I could have probably enhanced a
few images with Photoshop. However, many times, I just don't want to get
that detailed.

John Sisker
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

"Rosalie B." wrote in message

[...]