Is a balcony cabin out of San Francisco worth getting?

Old April 16th, 2006, 02:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Is a balcony cabin out of San Francisco worth getting?

I came into some unexpected money and was considering applying it to
upgrading to a balcony cabin if one is available. I wonder how much
I will be able to use the balcony considering that the Pacific is cold.

The itinerary:
Apr 17 San Francisco, CA
Apr 18 Monterey, CA
Apr 19 Catalina Island, CA
Apr 20 At Sea
Apr 21 At Sea
Apr 22 Mazatlan, MX
Apr 23 Manzanillo, MX
Apr 24 Puerto Vallarta, MX
Apr 25 Cabo San Lucas, MX
Apr 26 At Sea
Apr 27 At Sea
Apr 28 San Francisco, CA

The expected high in San Francisco on Apr 17 is 54F. The expected high
for Catalina on Apr 19 is 72F. The weather could end up being too cool
to be comfortable on the balcony six days out of the eleven day cruise.

I think I would be better to spend the money in the spa and on shore
excursions. Keep in mind that I am traveling solo so there won't be any
fond romantic moments on the balcony. I will just be bundled up eating
alone or reading.

Old April 16th, 2006, 12:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Odysseus wrote:
[...]

for my 2 cents. I love balcony's escpecially if you are traveling with
others.
Old April 17th, 2006, 06:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

We had a balcony out of San Diego and the first two days down and last two
days back were chilly. I still went out on the balcony, just used a beach
towel as a blanket. You will enjoy the balcony in the warm weather in
Mexico-I would go for it. Have a wonderful cruise!
Lori