Couple more questions... HAL's new tipping policy.

Old August 12th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Benjamin Smith

Default Couple more questions... HAL's new tipping policy - Here'sHow...

Tom & Linda wrote:

"Benjamin Smith" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Based on? Have you sailed them? They aren't lux, but they are in a
higher price scale the Celebrity and HAL and have their own clientele,
known as Cunarders. I don't really know the product but I know their
size and pricing, which differ from a Celebrity or HAL.

I have co-workers and have met people who've gone on Cunard.

I have as well, the ones I know don't put them in the same category.

Voyager ships also have pricing higher than Celebrity and HAL.

Not necessarily. HAL and Celebrity tend to have higher onboard charges
and excursions and more high-level cabins. HAL also has the more
expensive Prinsendam and longer voyages than most RCI itineraries.

Ben S.

--Tom

Old August 12th, 2004, 02:25 PM
George Leppla

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message

But George, you seemed like you SO wanted Mickey to take the Princess to

the
ball.

Actually, I would have much preferred that Carnival Corp take over NCL. As
a supplier, Princess was doing very well on their own and were easy for TA's
to work with. (That hasn't changed). NCL was a nightmare to deal with and
since Star bought them out, they have become even worse. Their cruise
product isn't bad but dealing with them on a daily basis continually
reinforces my opinion that they are the most inefficient, mismanaged company
in the cruise industry.

In the long run, I am not sure that any of this matters. Cruise lines
policies... whether it be pricing, tipping, commissions, advertising, etc...
are all customer driven. If enough people dislike HAL's tipping and NCL's
service fee, they will move to other lines and these companies will change
their policy. If enough travel agents dislike NCL's back office
ineptitude, they will promote other cruise lines.

Things have a way of shaking out.

--
George in PA http://www.countryside-travel.com

r.t.c. Great Land Cruise-Las Vegas http://www.cruisemaster.com/lvbash.htm