Couple more questions... HAL's new tipping policy.

Old August 13th, 2004, 02:07 AM
*bicker*

A Thu, 12 Aug 2004 02:52:18 GMT, Benjamin Smith
escribió:
*bicker* wrote:
What I think is irrelevant; what you think is also
irrelevant. Status as a dominant supplier is a decision
made by legal authorities. Carnival was investigated.
They're clear.

Scary. Sounds Borg like.

So I guess you also don't have any rationale for your
objection to what I posted, besides your personal dislike
for what is happening.

As I said to Charles: This blind bias doesn't actually
*help* customers. It just spreads irrational discontent.

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html
Old August 13th, 2004, 02:09 AM
*bicker*

Default Couple more questions... HAL's new tipping policy - Here'sHow...

A Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:44:10 GMT, "Tom & Linda"
escribió:
"*bicker*" wrote in message
There are two big stumbling blocks: (1) Carnival isn't a
dominant supplier;

Of course they are. You obviously don't know the industry.

Clearly, you don't know the law.

If Carnival buys RCI, we can start to worry about this.

When Carnival has a market cap of $40 billion, and RCI has a market cap of
$8 billion... to me that's basically a monopoly.

Again, you don't know the law. And you don't know business.

What really prevents Carnival from being a "true monopoly" is that cruising
is done with discretionary income. It's not like electricity, gas, oil,
etc.

What prevents Carnival from being a monopoly is competition.

rolling eyes

I cannot believe you all are so wedded to your own idea of
what "your" industry should be that you can't see things
rationally.

Old August 13th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Charles

In article , *bicker*
wrote:

I do indeed. I think you're blinded by your own
perspective, and unwilling to recognize that the commission
investigate both sides of the issue and, as experts,
determined the truth.

Y'know this self-serving blind bias of yours and Ben's
doesn't actually *help* customers. It just spreads
irrational discontent.

You are a riot bicker.

Let's just say we have completely different perspectives.

And that would be an understatement.

--
Charles

Old August 13th, 2004, 03:12 AM
RTCReferee

Default Couple more questions... HAL's new tipping policy -

grandma Rosalie wrote:

My problem was that I knew the salesperson from when I was his
teacher, and he said that he would get in trouble if he didn't get the
information. A small community is like that.

Your situation is not typical.

Nevertheless, he would not get into trouble for filling in the spaces with
data, which does not have to be accurate data. You don't have to lie to him,
but you can tell him you do not wish to be in a database and he can put in all
9's or all 0's or other combinations, and you would appreciate it if he would
NOT put your real name into the database.

If he has known you as long as you have known him and he respects you as he
should (you were his former teacher, after all), then he should be able to
figure out how to keep you out of the database.

Small communities are like that, too.

Old August 13th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Benjamin Smith

Charles wrote:

In article , *bicker*
wrote:

I do indeed. I think you're blinded by your own
perspective, and unwilling to recognize that the commission
investigate both sides of the issue and, as experts,
determined the truth.

Y'know this self-serving blind bias of yours and Ben's
doesn't actually *help* customers. It just spreads
irrational discontent.

You are a riot bicker.

Let's just say we have completely different perspectives.

And that would be an understatement.

Charles, your perspective is as pragmatic as anyone's. I'm a different
animal altogether in being partly iconoclastic, and it is something of a
riot to see us grouped together.

Ben S.
Old August 13th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Benjamin Smith

Old August 13th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Benjamin Smith

*bicker* wrote:

A Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:36:48 GMT, "Tom & Linda"
escribió:

You might have a better chance of pursuing an FTC-related
issue by asserting oligopoly (in this case duopoly).
However, Carnival's acquisition of Princess was reviewed by
the FTC. Here's what the experts said:

George W. appointed a moron who was pro merger.

So casually you dismiss anyone you disagree with?

It was a commission of experts, not one person. Read up a
bit more.

Experts can be both biased and morons.

Ben S.