London-Brighton Coach?

Old May 7th, 2006, 10:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default London-Brighton Coach?

Last time I was in Brighton I remember seeing in the coach
station posters advertising incredibly cheap fares. I seem to
recall something like "from 1 Pound plus coach station tax"
or something similar.
Now I need to take a coach from London to Brighton - does
anyone know what companies operate on the route, have
URL's of their websites, or any other tips on getting a good
fare?
Many thanks,
David

Old May 8th, 2006, 12:07 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On 7 May 2006 14:17:33 -0700, "David Johnstone"
wrote:

Last time I was in Brighton I remember seeing in the coach
station posters advertising incredibly cheap fares. I seem to
recall something like "from 1 Pound plus coach station tax"
or something similar.
Now I need to take a coach from London to Brighton - does
anyone know what companies operate on the route, have
URL's of their websites, or any other tips on getting a good
fare?
Many thanks,
David

I would suggest googling for coach london brighton

Old May 8th, 2006, 12:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Here's info on a coach from London to Brighton:

http://ineedsoftware.blogspot.com/20...-national.html

Steve

Old May 8th, 2006, 04:50 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

You can also get fare details and make bookings (fares starting at one pound
upwards) at:
http://www.nationalexpress.com/home/hp.cfm

Old May 8th, 2006, 07:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Hatunen wrote:
Now I need to take a coach from London to Brighton - does
anyone know what companies operate on the route, have
URL's of their websites, or any other tips on getting a good
fare?

I would suggest googling for coach london brighton

As always that was my first approach. I only found
the National Express services and one other company
which was quite expensive, nothing like the advertisements
I saw at the coach station.

Old May 8th, 2006, 09:15 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

"David Johnstone" wrote in message
oups.com...

Last time I was in Brighton I remember seeing in the coach
station posters advertising incredibly cheap fares. I seem to
recall something like "from 1 Pound plus coach station tax"
or something similar.

I think this is what you want http://www.megabus.com/uk/

Ian

Old May 8th, 2006, 01:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Megabus have also just started a train service with SW Trains. They do
not go to Brighton as of yet but have started with others including
Portsmouth, Southampton etc. The fares are also from £1. Try
www.megatrain.co.uk.

Tim