Thailand trip

Old November 6th, 2003, 02:40 PM
Edwardseco

Default Thailand trip

In article , (Wah
Shizzle) writes:

Not sure how well a sleepy

What a low class reply that is. White trash does get around but even in Alabama
education is making inroads.
edwardseco
Old November 7th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Frans Vandenbosch

"The Man"

It's actually been getting quicker for me internationally that pre

9-11.

What happened on the 9th of November then ?

Old November 10th, 2003, 10:46 PM
 @X.

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:10:25 +0800, Chris Blunt
wrote:

I'm just looking at Cathay Pacific's timetable, and they list the
times the check-in desks close for each airport they use. For BKK they
say its 45 minutes before flight departure, so I guess you could take
that as the minimum *required* time.

I admit I do cut it a bit fine at times. A couple of weeks ago the
traffic was much heavier than I'd expected and I got to the desk just
25 minutes before the flight was due to go. I hadn't expected them to
accept me, but they did, and I still made it to the gate with over 10
minutes to spare.

I had the same experience my last flight out of Bangkok. Overslept.
Caught in traffic, etc. Arrived with 20 minutes to spare on an EVA
flight. The EVA check in counter was deserted but a couple of
employees were still there. I was very rudely scolded by the EVA
check in girl for arriving late and I pretty much had to take the
abuse. She was very terse with me but quickly and efficiently checked
my bag, issued my boarding passes and then handed me off to some kind
of security guard or something who spoke no English but personally
escorted me through paying the departure tax, immigration and security
in each case cutting us ahead of people in those lines. I arrived at
the gate as the last 20 or so people were boarding probably still 10
minutes before my scheduled departure. At LAX my checked bag even
arrived as scheduled but it might have just caught up with me during
the layover in Taipei. Wouldn't recommend it but that is certainly
the easiest I ever made it out of that place. The personal escort was
a nice touch.