Thailand: 750 baht / night?

Old September 11th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Chris Blunt

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 08:10:46 GMT, "Anthony and Elizabeth Borge"
wrote:

Can anyone recommend a few of these budget hotels (750 baht neighbor-
hood) that are close to a BTS skytrain station?

Thanks,
Elizabeth

I often stay at Nana Inn, just opposite the Grace Hotel and next door
to the Bangkok Bank branch in Sukhumvit soi 3. Its a nice family run
hotel. Rooms are carpeted, and have TV, telephone, and mini-bar, and
cost 850 Baht a night. The food in the restaurant is good also.

Its within walking distance of either Nana or Ploenchit BTS stations.

Chris

"Thomas F. Unke" wrote in message
jason writes:

Is an accomodation budget of an average of 750 baht reasonable?

Just the right budget for reasonable accomodation, so don't worry.

Old September 11th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Viviane

You'll find a variety of accommodation on Phuket and Samui to suit all
budgets. I've been to both and loved them but they are very touristy.

"jason" wrote in message
In article , Miguel Cruz wrote:
jason wrote:
Is an accomodation budget of an average of 750 baht reasonable? I'm
getting some mixed results. We don't need luxury, but don't want to
sleep with cockroaches and rats either.

Where in Thailand? You won't be sleeping with cockroaches in Bangkok for
that. Many places on the mainland are cheaper than Bangkok, some islands
are
more expensive though.

Thanks. We plan to start in Bangkok, then up to Chaing Mai (sp) then
down to the islands. We'll be avoiding Phuket and Ko Samui for sure
(I hear they are upmarket).

Old September 11th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Andrzej

"Peacenik" wrote in message
"jason" wrote in message
Is an accomodation budget of an average of 750 baht reasonable? I'm
getting some mixed results. We don't need luxury, but don't want to
sleep with cockroaches and rats either.

You can sleep in reasonably comfortable guesthouses for 250 baht/night. Or
less, even.

--
Peacenik

I agree.. 750 baht/night would just about get 5 stars

Old September 13th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Hardy

jason wrote:
Is an accomodation budget of an average of 750 baht reasonable? I'm
getting some mixed results. We don't need luxury, but don't want to
sleep with cockroaches and rats either.

Where in Thailand? You won't be sleeping with cockroaches in Bangkok for
that. Many places on the mainland are cheaper than Bangkok, some islands
are more expensive though.

Thanks. We plan to start in Bangkok, then up to Chaing Mai (sp) then
down to the islands. We'll be avoiding Phuket and Ko Samui for sure
(I hear they are upmarket).

- Bangkok is accomodation 250-750B a night in a guesthouse
Hotels from 500B and up

- Chiang Mai have plenty of acc. and theres a fight for guests
I guess for about 150-350B is some resonable to find
don't use a Hotel here.
I learnt the stuff here is unfriendly and a worst service.

- In the touristic places at thes costs and ilands is around double prices
as Bangkok.

--
Have a nice trip
Old September 17th, 2004, 10:18 AM
PROVIS

I will be in BKK and Changmai bet 15NOV2004 till 22Nov2004. I have
searched the net for double accomodation below Baht1000 nett.(inclused
vat, tax with breakfast for 2 if possible.)

There are not many hotel in that range near to BTS skytrain station
over the net.

From the net, it seems all hotels and mid-range guesthouses increase
or doubled their prices fron 1st Nov 2004 till March 2005.

Is it possible to walk-in instead of prepaid reservation?

Old September 17th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Miguel Cruz

PROVIS wrote:
I will be in BKK and Changmai bet 15NOV2004 till 22Nov2004. I have
searched the net for double accomodation below Baht1000 nett.(inclused
vat, tax with breakfast for 2 if possible.)

There are not many hotel in that range near to BTS skytrain station
over the net.

From the net, it seems all hotels and mid-range guesthouses increase
or doubled their prices fron 1st Nov 2004 till March 2005.

Is it possible to walk-in instead of prepaid reservation?

You can get the rates you're looking for from the hotel counter at the
airport upon arrival, unless it's a big holiday (is Eid around then?).

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 30 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu