First trip to Koh Samui ... I have a couple of questions

Old January 15th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Ka Khiong Kwok" kirjoitti viestissä

Just curious - how easy is it to organise for a flight from Jakarta to
Samui?

It should be just as easy to arrange as any other set of flights. However,
Bangkok Airways has a monopoly to fly to Samui. They have (at least for some
dates) only one flight a day from Singapore and dozens of them from Bangkok.

Old January 15th, 2005, 10:26 PM
New Geoff

"ash" warned...

Yes, plenty of ATMs about but very expensive. To withdraw £150 worth I was
charged £8 by my bank in the UK (RBS).

Ouch !! I've used ATMs in Thailand for the last 2 years, and my bank
(LloydsTSB) charges £2.50 . . . . Maybe you should look at changing your
bank?

_______
Geoff B

Old January 16th, 2005, 07:25 AM
chilly

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message

"Ka Khiong Kwok" kirjoitti viestissä

Just curious - how easy is it to organise for a flight from Jakarta to
Samui?

It should be just as easy to arrange as any other set of flights. However,
Bangkok Airways has a monopoly to fly to Samui. They have (at least for

some
dates) only one flight a day from Singapore and dozens of them from

Bangkok.

Bangkok Air has a monopoly to fly to Samui?? I flew there on Malayasian.

Old January 16th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Ka Khiong Kwok

Sounds like it shouldn't be too hard then.
I'll see how I go - I'll should have everything booked - provide all goes
well and probably at the last minute.

Regards,

Ka.

Old January 16th, 2005, 09:04 AM
ash

As I go to Thailand reasonable often I have now opened a Thai bank account.
"Viviane" wrote in message
u...
We used Citibank from Australia and got charged nothing. Shop around.

Old January 16th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Who Goes There

In ,
Who Goes There wgt@nowhere somehow managed to typed:

I'm going to Koh Samui in March for 12 days and 3 days in Bangkok but
can't seem to find the answers to the following questions. If anyone
can help out it would be appreciated.

1. I have DEET spray with wrist and ankle bands but can't find an
answer about nets. Should I take a mosquito net for the bed to Koh
Samui when the accomodation is air-conditioned?

2. Should I exchange money before going or use cashpoints out there?

3. Can anyone recommend any diving schools near the Big Buddha beach?

thanks for any help

One last question for the seasoned Samui traveller :-)

How easy is it for me to get from the Big Buddha Beach area to Chaweng Beach
area for 7.30 a.m.? I found a diving school with good references but it's
the other side of the island and I'm unsure about taxis and the like. If I
look on the map at http://www.samui.org/map/samuiflash.html it looks like a
short drive down one or two roads.

thanks again for any input