Celebrity Summit Cruise 4/09

Old November 29th, 2008, 06:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
William W. Wright

Default Celebrity Summit Cruise 4/09

We're taking a cruise on the Summit on 4/4 out of San Juan -- nice port
intensive cruise -- we got a Sky Suite at a dynamite price. While we've
taken a lot of cruises, we've never had the use of a Butler before --
not sure how to use his/her services. Any experiences ? Or is it merely
nice to know that there is someone available to help if it is needed ?
Sorry to sound like a rube, but it would be nice to have the opinions of
others that have had the availability of Butler services in the past. Thanks

Bill
Old November 29th, 2008, 11:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seehorse Video

"William W. Wright" wrote in message
We're taking a cruise on the Summit on 4/4 out of San Juan -- nice port
intensive cruise -- we got a Sky Suite at a dynamite price. While we've
taken a lot of cruises, we've never had the use of a Butler before --
not sure how to use his/her services. Any experiences ? Or is it merely
nice to know that there is someone available to help if it is needed ?
Sorry to sound like a rube, but it would be nice to have the opinions of
others that have had the availability of Butler services in the past.
Thanks

Bill

Hi Bill,

I imagine you are sharing a butler with other suites, so you don't have a
personal servant for the duration. We have used ours to arrange anything
from the excursion desk, make reservations, get tender tickets, take care of
dry cleaning, obtain snacks like fruit and cheese, obtain information on
upcoming ports, convenience stuff. Actually, they pretty much come with
instructions and will volunteer things from your first boarding onward until
the end of the cruise. It's a little like a very good room steward, only
more so. Like any other position, some butlers are better than others.

Part of the luxury of a butler is in casually mentioning it when discussing
your cruise since, after all, a butler is a perk of the super rich and,
therefore, a bragging rite. Be sure to brag casually, like you are
accustomed to it. And have fun, as you should find the butler will add to
your cruise.

Have a great cruise,

Harry Cooper

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 30th, 2008, 10:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rudy[_2_]

Never needed a "butler" on the Summit cruising to Alaska..........ship's
staff offers superb service both in cabin & general service thru-out the
cruise.

Celebrity is one the best cruise lines as we had
experienced.......................Rudy

Old December 1st, 2008, 02:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
William W. Wright

Seehorse Video wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your thoughts --- we've always been impressed with the
service aboard Celebrity --- and really don't feel we need a butler, but
since the Sky suite comes with butler services, it will be interesting.
Thanks again.
Bill