Stock options

Old May 19th, 2009, 12:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Default Stock options

I know when were on Royal Caribbean we got a shipboard credit for
owning their stock. I have some Carnival stock. Do I get any
shipboard credit on any of the Carnival lines? (Celebrity, HAL etc)
or is it only the case if I sail with Carnival? Or are they even
still doing that? What kind of credit?
Old May 19th, 2009, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Rosalie B. wrote:
I know when were on Royal Caribbean we got a shipboard credit for
owning their stock. I have some Carnival stock. Do I get any
shipboard credit on any of the Carnival lines? (Celebrity, HAL etc)
or is it only the case if I sail with Carnival? Or are they even
still doing that? What kind of credit?

HAL yes, but Celebrity is not a Carnival line so not there.

sue
Old May 19th, 2009, 04:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

HAL yes, but Celebrity is not a Carnival line so not there.

Right about that. It seems though she has Royal Caribbean stock so she
could use that for credit on Celebrity.

--
Charles
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

One gets a shipboard credit if one owns at least 100 shares of Carnival
stock. It applies to any and all of the Carnival group.
Seabourn,Cunard, Princess, Holland American, Costa, Windstar and
Carnival.

100 shares of Royal Caribbean get credit on Azamara, Celebrity and Royal
Caribbean.

The amount of credit will depend on cabin category and length of cruise.
Royal Caribbean does have some restrictions on their credits.

~~DORIS~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pacific Princess 9/2/2009

HAL Westerdam 12/6/2009

Oceania Regatta 3/8/2010

Oceania Regatta 3/21/2010

http://community.webtv.net/DorisIs/AROUNDTHEHORN

Old May 19th, 2009, 01:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
SteveFLL

On May 18, 7:21�pm, Rosalie B. wrote:
I know when were on Royal Caribbean we got a shipboard credit for
owning their stock. �I have some Carnival stock. �Do I get any
shipboard credit on any of the Carnival lines? �(Celebrity, HAL etc)
or is it only the case if I sail with Carnival? �Or are they even
still doing that? �What kind of credit?

Hi Rosalie,

I own stock in both Carnival (CCL) and Royal Caribbean (RCL).

You MUST hold a minimum of 100 Shares in both companies to qualify.

They both have About the same stockholder benefits as On Board Credits
(OBC) , as follows:

RCL
$250 on sailing of 14 nights or more;
$200 on 10-13 nights;
$100 on 6-9 nights;
$50 on 5 nights or less.

CCL
$250 on 14 or longer;
$100 on 7-13 days;
$50 on 6 days or less.

CCL stock OBC are valid on all of the companies lines; ie.:

In North America:

Carnival
Princess
Holland America
Seabourn
Cunard
Costa

In the UK:
P&O
Princess
Ocean Village
Cunard

Continental Europe:
Costa
Aida
Ibero

Austrailia;
P&O Cruises Austrailia

With Royal Caribbean:

Royal Caribbean International
Celebrity Cruises
Azmara Cruises.

Between the two of them I have received about $1,900 in OBC over the
years, but I cruise a Lot. 12 cruise last years and 4 so far this
year.

Unless you cruise a lot, the conventional wisdom is not to buy their
stock unless you cruise a lot, or buy it to hold as an investment.

I bought CCL high and then some more low to average it out. Did the
same with RCL a few months ago. While not at their low low, it was
low enough to average out their way high.

I do not advise you to buy any stock for the benefits, rather as an
investment.But the choice is, as always, yours.

Be advised that over the past year they have changed some of the rules
about OBC. They may or maynot be combinable with other promotions.
Even within brands they have different rules. Princess, for example,
are real hard line, while Carnival Cruise Lines are easy. Royal has
changed a lot. So much so that I'm not even sure of the real rules
anymore ;-(

If you go into the Corporate sites and look under "Shareholder
Benefit", their will be Some explantion of the benefits.

Hope this explains the benefits in the detail you requested.. except
the aforementioned "Grey" areas;-)

Stephen in FLL

Old May 19th, 2009, 02:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

SteveFLL wrote:

On May 18, 7:21?pm, Rosalie B. wrote:
I know when were on Royal Caribbean we got a shipboard credit for
owning their stock. ?I have some Carnival stock. ?Do I get any
shipboard credit on any of the Carnival lines? ?(Celebrity, HAL etc)
or is it only the case if I sail with Carnival? ?Or are they even
still doing that? ?What kind of credit?

Thanks for the very clear explanation. I only have 100 shares of CCL
which I bought in January this year, but I got 250 of RCL just before
I went on GOTS in 2007. I bought it for the same reason that I got
Autozone stock - because I thought in the case of Autozone that people
would be repairing their old cars rather than buying new ones and in
the case of Carnival because people would keep on going on cruises so
it would be a good investment, and also for the OBC

[...]

Clearly I have been remiss about claiming this credit on our last HAL
cruise which was 26 days.

[...]

I had heard that it was the opposite - that Carnival only gave the
benefits to Carnival cruises and not to subsidiary lines. I guess I
was confused.

If you go into the Corporate sites and look under "Shareholder
Benefit", their will be Some explantion of the benefits.

Hope this explains the benefits in the detail you requested.. except
the aforementioned "Grey" areas;-)

Stephen in FLL

A couple of additional questions, if you know.

Does it matter how much stock you have in addition to how long the
cruise is? So is it $100 for a nine day cruise for each 100 shares of
stock?

Does the credit apply to both occupants of a cabin?
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
SteveFLL

On May 19, 9:21�am, Rosalie B. wrote:
SteveFLL wrote:
[...]

Does the credit apply to both occupants of a cabin?- Hide quoted text -

Hey Rosalie,

No extra roll of the dice. 100 shares is all you need. If you have
more shares it does not matter. Lucky you if you bought it on the
cheap.

If you and your travelling mate also have shares, NO, only ONE benefit
per cabin.

Many have tried to double up on it, but on both CCL & RCL, only 1
shareholder benefit per cabin.

Stephen in FLL

Good luck on Autozone....My Home Depot shares are sucking wind as
well ;-)
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gail Koontz

Cruise Crazy wrote:

One gets a shipboard credit if one owns at least 100 shares of Carnival
stock. It applies to any and all of the Carnival group.
Seabourn,Cunard, Princess, Holland American, Costa, Windstar and
Carnival.

Windstar is no longer part of the group.
--
Gail Koontz )
Retired in my home state . . . and loving it!