Bayonne Port named Cape Liberty and other helpful things

Old January 29th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Susette405

Default Bayonne Port named Cape Liberty and other helpful things

I thought you would all enjoy reading some information here on the new port in
Bayonne... ENJOY!

BAYONNE, NJ PORT NAMED CAPE LIBERTY

CAPE LIBERTY
Bayonne, NJ Port Information

Ø VY Sunday 5-Night Canadian
VY will arrive at 12:00pm. The published boarding time is 6:00pm. Must
get the message out to guests to arrive at 6:00pm or later. Expect long
check-in lines prior to 6:00pm. Guests will have a better pier arrival
experience if they arrive after 6:30pm.

Ø VY Friday 9-Night Caribbean
VY will arrive at 7:00am. The published boarding time is 1:00pm. The
recommended time to arrive to the terminal to avoid long lines is between
2:30pm and 3:30pm.

Ø NE (All Sailings)
VY will arrive at 9:30am. The published boarding time is 3:00pm. Must get
the message out to guests to arrive between 3:00pm and 4:30pm. Expect long
check-in lines prior to 3:00pm. Guests will have a better pier arrival
experience if they arrive after 3:00pm.

Name of Terminal: TBD

Location:
The cruise terminal is located in Bayonne, N.J. on the east end of the
Peninsula at Bayonne. The peninsula is formerly known as the Military
Ocean Terminal Bayonne (MOTBY). The Peninsula at Bayonne Harbor is
situated about 3 miles southeast of Newark and 7 miles from Manhattan.
East to west, it is about 2 1/2 miles long, and about 1/3 mile north to
south. The peninsula is adjacent to Route 440 (formerly Route 169). There
is an additional 300 feet of water on the north and south sides and about
100 feet east.

Transfers and Distances:

Newark International Airport:
Transfers will be available from EWR to Bayonne and vice versa. Prices to
be determined.
Distance: Approximately 10 miles from the airport and 15 to 20 minutes
driving time.

LaGuardia International Airport:
Transfers will not be available from LGA to Bayonne. All cruise only
guests flying into LGA will be responsible for their own transportation
from LGA to Bayonne.
Distance: Approximately 21 miles from the airport and 60 to 75 minutes
driving time.

John F. Kennedy Airport:
Transfers will only be available for international flights. Transfers will
not be available for domestic flights. Most international flights will be
day prior or day post mandatory over nights.
Distance: Approximately 34 miles from the airport and 75 to 90 minutes
driving time.

Flight Parameters and Transfer Times:

VY Friday 9 Night Sailings
Ship Arrives: 7:00am
Ship Departs: 5:00pm

Earliest Departure Times
EWR - 12:30pm
JFK (international flights only) - 2:30pm
LGA - Not offering flights and transfers for domestic and international
flights

Latest Arrival Times
EWR - 2:30pm
JFK (international flights only) - 1:00pm or guests may be mandatory over
night
LGA - Not offering flights and transfers for domestic and international
flights

VY Sunday 5 Night Sailings
Ship Arrives: 12:00pm
Ship Departs: 10:00pm

Earliest Departure Times
EWR - 5:30pm
JFK (international flights only) - 7:30pm or guests may be mandatory over
night
LGA - Not offering flights and transfers for domestic and international
flights

Latest Arrival Times
EWR - 7:00pm and the Earliest Arrival Time is 12:00pm for domestic flights
due to the ship arriving at noon
JFK (international flights only) - 5:30pm or guests may be mandatory over
night
LGA - Not offering flights and transfers for domestic and international
flights

NE Saturday and Sunday Sailings
Ship Arrives: 9:30am
Ship Departs: 5:30pm

Earliest Departure Times
EWR - 2:30pm
JFK (international flights only) - 4:30pm or guests may be mandatory over
night
LGA - Not offering flights and transfers for domestic and international
flights

Latest Arrival Times
EWR - 2:30pm
JFK (international flights only) - 1:00pm or guests may be mandatory over
night
LGA - Not offering flights and transfers for domestic and international
flights

Ferry Service:
Currently, ferry service will not be offered to the pier for the 2004.
Guests should plan to use another form of transportation to get to the
pier.

Taxi Costs:
EWR to Bayonne: $35 plus tolls
LGA to Bayonne: Approx. $65 plus tolls
JFK to Bayonne: Approx. $70 plus tolls

Light Rail:
There is a light rail station located in Bayonne just 3 miles from the
cruise terminal. Royal Caribbean will provide a complimentary shuttle bus
between the Light Rail station and the cruise terminal. Guests need to
board the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail service and take the train to the E.
34th Street Station in Bayonne. The Hudson-Bergen Light Rail ties into the
Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) and Amtrak train lines. Guests can get
more information at the following websites: www.panynj.gov and
www.bayonnenj.org/lightrail.htm.

Bus Program:
The bus program is being evaluated to determine the routes, schedules and
prices that will be chosen for Voyager and Nordic Empress.

Parking:
The guests parking facility will be located adjacent to the cruise
terminal. The cost for parking will be $12 per day. The parking facility
will only accept cash on arrival and will not accept credit cards or
checks. The on-site parking facility will be large enough to accommodate
all guests who choose to park their cars at the pier.

Driving Directions

General Directions
The terminal is just off Route 440 in Bayonne located on the Peninsula at
Bayonne. The entrance to the peninsula is 1 1/2 miles south of Exit 14A of
the New Jersey Turnpike or 1 1/2 miles north of the Bayonne Bridge.

From Northern New Jersey
Take the New Jersey Turnpike South to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After tollbooth,
follow signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to Terminal on your
left.

From Connecticut (near I-95)
Take I-95 south into New York State. Continue on I-95 to and over the
George Washington Bridge. Follow signs for New Jersey Turnpike and proceed
South to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After tollbooth, follow signs for Route 440
South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to Terminal on your left.

From Connecticut (near I-84)
Take I-84 West into New York State. Take I-684 South to I-287 West to I-87
South. Follow signs to and over the George Washington Bridge. Follow
signs for the New Jersey Turnpike South. Continue to Exit 14A (Bayonne).
After tollbooth, follow signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to
Terminal on your left.

From Westchester County
Take I-684 South to I-287 West to I-87 South. Follow signs to and over the
George Washington Bridge. Follow signs for the New Jersey Turnpike South.
Continue to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After tollbooth, follow signs for Route
440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to Terminal on your left.

From Rockland County.
Take the Palisades Parkway South to I-80 West. Follow signs for the New
Jersey Turnpike South. Continue to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After tollbooth,
follow signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to Terminal on your
left.

From The Bronx
Proceed to and across the George Washington Bridge. Follow signs for the
New Jersey Turnpike South. Continue to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After
tollbooth, follow signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to
Terminal on your left.

From Manhattan
Proceed to and through the Lincoln Tunnel. Follow I-495 West to the New
Jersey Turnpike. Proceed South to Exit 14A (Bayonne).
After tollbooth, follow signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to
Terminal on your left.

From Brooklyn or Queens
Enter Manhattan using the closest bridge or tunnel. Proceed crosstown to
and through the Lincoln Tunnel. Follow I-495 West to the New Jersey
Turnpike. Proceed South to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After tollbooth, follow
signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to Terminal on your left.

From Staten Island
Take Route 440 North to and over the Bayonne Bridge. Continue on Route 440,
1 1/2 miles to Terminal on your right.

From Southern New Jersey (near New Jersey Turnpike)
Take New Jersey Turnpike North to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After tollbooth,
follow signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to Terminal on your
left.

From Southern New Jersey (Shore Points)
Take the Garden State Parkway North to Exit 129 (New Jersey Turnpike).
Continue North on the New Jersey Turnpike to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After
tollbooth, follow signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to
Terminal on your left.
Susette
Join us on our Annual Group Cruise 04Dec04 Jewel of the Seas!
Check out our website: www.cruiseoutlets.com
Old January 29th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Mark O. Polo

Hi Suesette,

Those driving directions you posted for Cape Liberty are very useful.
Thanks.

Aloha

Old January 29th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Ira Jay Scheer

Susette:

Thanks for posting this. I had been wondering about the parking, so it was
good to see the info.

The info about "Flight Parameters and Transfer Times" is poorly presented (I
realize of course that it's not your fault)

Under VY FRIDAY 9 NIGHT SAILINGS, the arrival time listed is for the SHIP,
not the SAILING, and the following EARLIEST DEPARTURE TIMES correspond to
the SHIP'S ARRIVAL, not the passengers

Passengers on VY Friday Night Sailings will actually arrive at 12:00 PM on
SUNDAY, as listed under VY SUNDAY 5 NIGHT SAILINGS, and should follow the
departure information under thast listing.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Ira J. Scheer

"Susette405" wrote in message
[...]

From Northern New Jersey
Take the New Jersey Turnpike South to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After

tollbooth,
follow signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to Terminal on your
left.

From Connecticut (near I-95)
Take I-95 south into New York State. Continue on I-95 to and over the
George Washington Bridge. Follow signs for New Jersey Turnpike and

proceed
South to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After tollbooth, follow signs for Route 440
South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to Terminal on your left.

From Connecticut (near I-84)
Take I-84 West into New York State. Take I-684 South to I-287 West to

I-87
South. Follow signs to and over the George Washington Bridge. Follow
signs for the New Jersey Turnpike South. Continue to Exit 14A (Bayonne).
After tollbooth, follow signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to
Terminal on your left.

From Westchester County
Take I-684 South to I-287 West to I-87 South. Follow signs to and over

the
George Washington Bridge. Follow signs for the New Jersey Turnpike South.
Continue to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After tollbooth, follow signs for Route
440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to Terminal on your left.

From Rockland County.
Take the Palisades Parkway South to I-80 West. Follow signs for the New
Jersey Turnpike South. Continue to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After tollbooth,
follow signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to Terminal on your
left.

From The Bronx
Proceed to and across the George Washington Bridge. Follow signs for the
New Jersey Turnpike South. Continue to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After
tollbooth, follow signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to
Terminal on your left.

From Manhattan
Proceed to and through the Lincoln Tunnel. Follow I-495 West to the New
Jersey Turnpike. Proceed South to Exit 14A (Bayonne).
After tollbooth, follow signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to
Terminal on your left.

From Brooklyn or Queens
Enter Manhattan using the closest bridge or tunnel. Proceed crosstown to
and through the Lincoln Tunnel. Follow I-495 West to the New Jersey
Turnpike. Proceed South to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After tollbooth, follow
signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to Terminal on your left.

From Staten Island
Take Route 440 North to and over the Bayonne Bridge. Continue on Route

440,
1 1/2 miles to Terminal on your right.

From Southern New Jersey (near New Jersey Turnpike)
Take New Jersey Turnpike North to Exit 14A (Bayonne). After tollbooth,
follow signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles to Terminal on your
left.

From Southern New Jersey (Shore Points)