Christmas vs "Holidays"

Old December 18th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Kokomo Kid

What was that, Diane?

Diane James wrote:
Would you ****heads stop crossposting to rec.travel.cruises?

"Bryan" wrote in message
news
Paul Burke wrote:

jsmith wrote:

The secularists have been chipping away at the word Christmas for a
number
of years now and are substituting irrelevant (religious ??)
concoctions to
diminish the value of the celebration of the birth of Christ.

Keep your sticky fingers off our Yule. We (humans) were celebrating the
Winter Solstice thousands of years before you traduced the teachings of
Bar Yussuf.

Might be the last one this time though. We can't find any virgins in the
village this year, so the sun might never come back...

Paul Burke

What a fun reply! Thanks.

Old December 18th, 2004, 09:46 PM
James A. Doemer

Bryan wrote:
A&T wrote:

We aren't sure when Christ was born, but we celebrate in on December
25.

I wish the people who still believe that Christ was born (whenever
it was) would revolt against the people trying to take it away from
us.

Tricia

Once again, don't be such a dumbass. No one is trying to take
christmas away from anyone.

Indeed. Mostly we would be happy if the Christians would agree to "you
celibrate the holiday your way, and let us celibrate it our way" phylosophy.

Old December 18th, 2004, 09:47 PM
James A. Doemer

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Bryan" wrote

I choose to see language like winter break and happy holidays
as a positive effort to include all religions and non-religions
[and rec.travel.cruises].

An object creates the meaning of a word. Changing the word does
not change the object.

You can't include everybody. You shouldn't even try.

Yes, you can. That is the whole point.

Old December 18th, 2004, 10:03 PM
John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that Richard The Troll
wrote (in
) about 'Christmas vs "Holidays"', on Sat, 18 Dec 2004:
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:36:34 +0000, Paul Burke wrote:

jsmith wrote:
The secularists have been chipping away at the word Christmas for a number
of years now and are substituting irrelevant (religious ??) concoctions to
diminish the value of the celebration of the birth of Christ.

Keep your sticky fingers off our Yule. We (humans) were celebrating the
Winter Solstice thousands of years before you traduced the teachings of
Bar Yussuf.

Traduce? Is that like promulgate?

More like calumniate. Or vilipend.

Old December 18th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Jim Thompson

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:45:54 -0500, "Diane James" ^ ^
^ ^ ^ ^ wrote:

[snip]

Why so cranky, Diane, horny ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Old December 18th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Spehro Pefhany

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 15:33:02 -0700, the renowned Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:45:54 -0500, "Diane James" ^ ^
^ ^ ^ ^ wrote:

[snip]

Why so cranky, Diane, horny ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Potty mouth b*tch, eh?

Old December 19th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Richard Henry

"Diane James" ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ wrote in message
Would you ****heads stop crossposting to rec.travel.cruises?

Why? Are you compelled to read all threads, even those that you have
decided irritate you?