Midlands Lodge for Kili Trek ?

Old May 12th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Dayle

Default Midlands Lodge for Kili Trek ?

Hi all,

This evening, I've been going through some boxes of belongings and lo and
behold, I think I have stumbled across the name of the hotel that organized
my trek of Kilimanjaro back in 1996. I have struggled for a few years now
to recall the name of the hotel... I have just come across a business card
for the Midlands Lodge that has the name of Mrs. R. Y. Moshi shown as the
Director. The address is shown as P.O. Box 1331 MOSHI. On the other side
is the name "FARM ENTERPRISES LIMITED." with the same P.O. Box and telephone
number.

By any chance, is there anyone who lives in Moshi or has been there that can
tell me about the Midlands Lodge? My guide was through the hotel and his
name was Michael G Neela (his name is on the certificate). I'm really
curious if this is the hotel that organized my climb.

Thank you,
Dayle

Old May 13th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Dayle

After more rummaging, I found some more clues as to where I had stayed -- it
was the Keys Hotel in Moshi. So, I'm not sure how I came about the card with
the name Midlands Lodge on it... But I do remember the Keys Hotel now.
They organised my trek via the Machame Route (at my request) -- which turned
out to be one of the highpoints (no pun intended!) of my time on the African
continent.

Having popped over to this newsgroup, I find it exciting to read the posts
of those about to visit Africa. Though it has been several years, I can
still recall vivid images of seeing Kibo a bit closer after each day of the
trek. I think the most memorable sight was on the final day of the ascent
seeing the sun rising through the clouds over Mawenzi.

--Dayle

Old May 13th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Macon Dunnagan

[...]

Dayle, it's odd my Guide was Josaph Meela ( close to Neela)Many things
have changed many outfitters have come and gone....I use Zara
tanzanian adventures, It's hotel (Springlands)is outside moshi but is
very nice and you prices are super. I safari with them and climb
(three times now) with ZARA There is a new book that is about 4 men
that climb kilimanjaro "Sons of Kilimanjaro" is about ZARA and
Springlands hotel. Give Zara a email and see what they can do for you
and your trip. Macon