Woman dies from fall on cruise ship in Gulf

Old October 7th, 2006, 05:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

Default Woman dies from fall on cruise ship in Gulf

"jim" wrote in message
. ..

"Cruiser By Choice" wrote in
message ...

JP Wrote:
Were you born and brought up in England jim? I noticed your spelling of
the
word "colour". Were taught to spell it "color". Nothing at all wrong
with
your usage of the word, but I was just curious, how you learned to
spell it
that way.

JP....conservative republican with anti-liberal and pro-liberterian
views.

The spelling is not exclusive to England. The word is spelled "colour"
in Canada as well as on many of the Caribbean Islands and in other
countries who are, or were, under British rule. Neighbour, labour,
savour, behaviour, flavour, are just a few of the words in which the US
does not include the "u" but many other countries do.

Well I was not born in England but "New" England. I also have many friends
who happen to be Brits. I was also educated in a school that actually

taught
people the proper spelling.
Jim

I happen to be a victim myself and am living in new england. Lived here for
the past 35 years and I know absolutely no one, who spells the word
"colour". We all use "color". Are you implying that "color" is the wrong way
to spell the word?

JP

Old October 7th, 2006, 08:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jim

"JP" wrote in message
"jim" wrote in message
. ..

"Cruiser By Choice" wrote in
message ...

JP Wrote:
[...]

You are really out there aren't you. Where have I ever said I was a victim?
Maybe you don't have many friends, and I have a feeling that is likely. I am
also not implying anything. I simply said that I was taught the original
English spelling of certain words. Some spell potato, some spell potatoe,
that simple and both are correct depending on dialect or region. You are
either making feeble attempts to twist what someone is saying, or you are
have a serious comprehension problem.
Jim

Old October 7th, 2006, 11:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Crabman

Reef Fish wrote:
JP wrote in reply to Jim:
No moron, I'm 62 not 10

From everything I've seen you post, your mental age is

not quite 10. It's about 3.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

I actually agree with you this time Bob!
Clay
Old October 8th, 2006, 01:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

Not trying to twist anything jim. You learned to spell a certain way and I
learned a different way to spell certain words. No big deal. You need an
attitude adjustment. You sound keyed up and alway looking for an argument.
My advice...spend less time trolling for arguments and more time reading the
book "how to win friends and influence people".

JP

"jim" wrote in message

"JP" wrote in message
> [...]
"jim" wrote in message
. ..

"Cruiser By Choice" wrote

in
message ...

Old October 8th, 2006, 10:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

My sister's husband took his own life,he had brain cancer,and the pain
was so bad he ended it all before he lost his mind and hurt my sister or
his daughter,back then it was many many years ago,they did not give pain
medication like they do now

cruise lover

Old October 9th, 2006, 05:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Ray Goldenberg :

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 21:59:18 -0400, "Jaap"
wrote:

seeking details of its investigation.

Hi,

The FBI said she committed suicide.
Here is one of the many news' accounts.
http://tinyurl.com/rrfdt

The Conquest was about 2 miles astern of us when I saw her turning
around. I was kind of surprised since the only thing I could surmise
was a MOB, in which case we would also have turned around.

This was about 3 pm on Saturday.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

--
dillon

If you can't figure out how to unmunge my
address, email me and I'll explain it.
Old October 9th, 2006, 09:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Kurt Ullman :

In article ,
"Frank from Deeetroit" wrote:

"JP" wrote in message
"Newby" wrote in message

"JP" wrote in message
"Jaap" wrote in message
.. .
Woman dies from fall on cruise ship in Gulf

48-year-old woman died from a fall on a cruise ship operated by
Carnival
Corp., the company said.

[snipped]

The fall didn't kill her,
' Twas the impact with the deck that did 'er in.

Your absolutely correct. As W.C. Fields once said, while falling off of a
1900 foot cliff..."It's not the first 1899 feet that will kill you my
dear..it's the last foot that will do you in".

BTW..it is the booze that puts a person into the frame of mind to even
think
about suicide.

JP

Nah, it is the sober crazy mind that creates the thought of suicide.

But it can be drunken mind that has its defenses down to the point
where the act can actually happen.

What exactly would you like to know about suicidal ideation?

Old October 19th, 2006, 05:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Frank F. Matthews

JP must be a heavy drinker to expect that a passenger would get that far
gone in the first hour of the cruise.

JP wrote:

"Jaap" wrote in message
.. .

Woman dies from fall on cruise ship in Gulf

48-year-old woman died from a fall on a cruise ship operated by Carnival
Corp., the company said.

The woman, whose name was not released by the cruise line, was seen

jumping

from one of the ship's upper outside

decks and landing on a cabin balcony today, the Miami-based company said

in

a news release.

The ship, called the Carnival Conquest, was concluding a seven-day

Caribbean

cruise that made stops in Montego

Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. It returned to Galveston on Sunday. The
company said the woman was travelling

with her spouse. Carnival did not provide any other details.

Cruise passenger John Bayer, of Purmela, said he could see the woman lying
three levels below where he was on the

ninth level. He said he did not see the woman's fall, which he said

occurred

about 3 p.m. as the ship was entering the

Gulf of Mexico. Carnival said it has notified authorities. The U.S. Coast
Guard did not immediately return phone calls

seeking details of its investigation.

It has to be the booze. No other reasonable explanation for people jumping
overboard. Ban the booze and people won't be dying during a cruise.
Its that simple.

JP

Old October 20th, 2006, 11:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

Quite possibly, she began her drinking before boarding the ship. The same
way people sit in a bar at the airport 2 hours before getting on the plane.
Why is that hard to understand?

JP

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message
JP must be a heavy drinker to expect that a passenger would get that far
gone in the first hour of the cruise.

JP wrote:

.. .

Old October 20th, 2006, 07:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Frank F. Matthews

You get to make quick judgments about the lady so I get to make quick
judgments about you.

JP wrote:

Quite possibly, she began her drinking before boarding the ship. The same
way people sit in a bar at the airport 2 hours before getting on the plane.
Why is that hard to understand?

JP

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message

JP must be a heavy drinker to expect that a passenger would get that far
gone in the first hour of the cruise.

JP wrote:

m...