Woman dies from fall on cruise ship in Gulf

Old October 20th, 2006, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kate

Default Woman dies from fall on cruise ship in Gulf

Frank/JP/All

The main sentence here is: The ship, called the Carnival Conquest, was
concluding a seven-day Caribbean cruise that made stops in Montego
Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. It returned to Galveston on Sunday.

She had all week to drink, it was the last day of the cruise.

Kate

Frank F. Matthews wrote:
JP must be a heavy drinker to expect that a passenger would get that far
gone in the first hour of the cruise.

JP wrote:
"Jaap" wrote in message
.. .

Woman dies from fall on cruise ship in Gulf 48-year-old woman died from a fall on a cruise ship operated by Carnival Corp., the company said. The woman, whose name was not released by the cruise line, was seen jumping from one of the ship's upper outside

decks and landing on a cabin balcony today, the Miami-based company
said
in a news release.
The ship, called the Carnival Conquest, was concluding a seven-day
Caribbean
cruise that made stops in Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. It
returned to Galveston on Sunday. The company said the woman was
travelling
with her spouse. Carnival did not provide any other details.
Cruise passenger John Bayer, of Purmela, said he could see the woman
lying
three levels below where he was on the ninth level. He said he did not
see the woman's fall, which he said occurred about 3 p.m. as the ship
was entering the
Gulf of Mexico. Carnival said it has notified authorities. The U.S.
Coast
Guard did not immediately return phone calls seeking details of its
investigation.
It has to be the booze. No other reasonable explanation for people
jumping
overboard. Ban the booze and people won't be dying during a cruise.
Its that simple.

JP

Old October 21st, 2006, 01:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

Thanks kate. Case closed. BTW...frank, If I go out to eat in a restaurant, I
may have one drink with dinner. otherwise, I drink no alcohol whatsoever.
Not even at home. If I exceed 1 drink per month, I've exceeded my limit.

JP

oups.com...

Frank F. Matthews wrote:
JP must be a heavy drinker to expect that a passenger would get that far
gone in the first hour of the cruise.

JP wrote:
.. .

Old October 21st, 2006, 02:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Wow, I'm impressed! I bet you are the life of the party! haha
newsKd_g.1084$Wp3.59@trndny05...

Frank F. Matthews wrote:
JP must be a heavy drinker to expect that a passenger would get that
far
gone in the first hour of the cruise.

JP wrote:
.. .

Old October 21st, 2006, 07:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

I certainly am the life of the party because everything works as it is
suppose to work and neither one of us end up disappointed. get the drift?

JP

Frank F. Matthews wrote:
JP must be a heavy drinker to expect that a passenger would get that
far
gone in the first hour of the cruise.

JP wrote:
.. .