Melbourne - Cape Town

Old February 2nd, 2007, 04:24 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz,alt.deposit
[email protected]

Default Melbourne - Cape Town

I've been looking at the standard airlines and it seems that the cost
varies from aroung AU$1800 to AU$2500.

There have been a lot of changes recently, with Quantas blue and so
forth. The best deal that I've found overall is Singapore airlines at
just under $!800 - I'm not sure if airport taxes will push this over
the AU$2000 mark - any idea of what they are?

I'm really keen to know what the cheapest options are, and what days
of the week or months are cheapest, when it is 'out-of-season' and so
forth.

If I wanted to fly from Melbourne to Cape Town and spend from three to
four weeks in Cape Town, in around March/April, maybe May, what would
be my very best option?

Is there a really good travel agent for finding the best prices?

Any advice or recommendations will be very gratefully received!