Vancouver - Brisbane

Old February 8th, 2007, 03:38 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
C Hort

Default Vancouver - Brisbane

Yes yes y'all!

I'm a 22, male, living in Vancouver and looking to get my journey on,
making movements towards Oz. I have heard NOTHING but great things
about the people and country and am excited to make it over there.

I'm thinking that I will enter on a working holiday visa, and I'm
hoping to stay logner than a year... while working and saving. If I
like it (and you like me) then I hope there'd be a way to stay!

I'd most likely be moving in near Brisbane. I know a few people
there, and a few more who are traveling there. I am from the Sunshine
Coast of Canada, so it would be nice to be near'ish the Sunshine Coast
of Oz too.

Forgive me if I've broken any NG caridnal sins, this is my first post!

Respect,
Old February 8th, 2007, 04:15 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
C Hort

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:38:27 -0800, C Hort wrote:

Yes yes y'all!

I'm a 22, male, living in Vancouver and looking to get my journey on,
making movements towards Oz. I have heard NOTHING but great things
about the people and country and am excited to make it over there.

I'm thinking that I will enter on a working holiday visa, and I'm
hoping to stay logner than a year... while working and saving. If I
like it (and you like me) then I hope there'd be a way to stay!

I'd most likely be moving in near Brisbane. I know a few people
there, and a few more who are traveling there. I am from the Sunshine
Coast of Canada, so it would be nice to be near'ish the Sunshine Coast
of Oz too.

Forgive me if I've broken any NG caridnal sins, this is my first post!

Respect,

Oops! Forgot to ask about where I should be looking for temporary
shelter while I apply and look for a flat. Where should I be looking
for flats also, is Gumtree a good site? As a Canadian looking in, it
looks like it's a powerful website with a lot of resources, but unless
you're there, or are in the know, it's really hard to tell.

What about jobs? I'm a website designer who has experience cooking
and doing all type of computer tech work. I have experience as a
server also, so I'm not _too_too_ worried about finding work, but if
anyone knows any valuable resources then they'd be helpful also.

Is craigslist as big in Oz as it is in NA?

Best regards,
Old February 8th, 2007, 05:33 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
A Mate

Accommodation on the Sunshine Coast (anywhere actually):

http://www.realestate.com.au/

Jobs:

http://www.seek.com.au/

Good Luck!!