Pool/Beach Towels - Do they really charge?

Old May 7th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Larry Simon

Default Pool/Beach Towels - Do they really charge?

On our Marc/April Celebrity Cruise the towels were stacked by the pool with
hampers nearby. No guards. Take what you needed and refresh as often as
you like. No need to cart these to and from room.

Cruising on HAL in two weeks; I guess we'll see if their policy has

changed
also.

Old May 7th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Richard Bornstein

I wonder if they make the stewarts pay for missing towels if the customer
doesn't pay for it?

"THorne2805" wrote in message
We had a problem with Carnival two years ago the night before we were to

leave
our cabin steward told us when he saw us in the hallway that we were

missing a
towel and he would have to charge us for it. We told him we only used two

and
left them each day in the bathroom with other dirty towels. He told us he
would have to charge us - my husband was adament and told him if there was

charge on our account for a towel he would remove it from HIS tip! No

charge
on our slip