Home from HAL and Veendam

Old February 3rd, 2008, 02:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie[_2_]

Default Home from HAL and Veendam

It's 2008 now and "things are a chang'n"
I hope HAL does not get any more frugal, and I
always bring some of my own hot sauce to help some
of the dishes along a bit.
Cheers,
John in LALALand

jcz wrote:
I had nothing but great food experiences on my HAL cruises from '98 through '03.

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message . ..

"Jeff" wrote in message

Oh I meant to say I do think their food has improved greatly. Was very
very bland on the Rotterdam transatlantic in 1998, but I think has
improved. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it! And they do have
pretty china, lol....

And wonderful fresh flower arrangements everywhere!

--Jean

Old February 3rd, 2008, 02:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Jeff" wrote in message

Well, I do have a story to relate along those lines. As folks may know, I
went on the Maasdam cruise in September from Montreal to Boston with my
folks. They are 77 (dad) and 68 (mom) respectively. On about day 2, my
dad's comment was this: "we feel young and thin". I kid you not. That
being said, they had a great time, as did I (age 45!) so.....go figure!
Our wait staff was excellent and I thought the food was good and I am
known for sticking to the beef and I like it rare!

Jeff

Charles says they hide the old people on HAL (and I believe everything
Charles says)... but with all the recent old people sightings... I'm
wondering if maybe there are just too many old people to hide them all. Or
maybe some have just escaped from where they're being hidden.

--Tom

Old February 3rd, 2008, 02:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Tom K
wrote:

Or maybe some have just escaped from where they're being hidden.

They can't all nap at the same time?

--
Charles
Old February 3rd, 2008, 03:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Tom K" wrote in message

Charles says they hide the old people on HAL (and I believe everything
Charles says)... but with all the recent old people sightings... I'm
wondering if maybe there are just too many old people to hide them all.
Or maybe some have just escaped from where they're being hidden.

Charles has never been on a HAL ship and after being with you two in the
Viking Cruise, I know better than to believe everything you two say! vbg
I have been on four HAL cruise and no one hid me!

--Jean--one day Tom & Charles will sail on HAL and wonder why they waited
so long! ;-)

Old February 3rd, 2008, 03:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"jcz" wrote in message
. ..
I had nothing but great food experiences on my HAL cruises from '98 through
'03.

Me either, June, and my cruises have been from '04 to '07 on them... I
especially like HAL for Alaska and it was great in the Mediterranean.
--Jean

Old February 3rd, 2008, 04:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Tom K" wrote in message
Charles says they hide the old people on HAL (and I believe everything
Charles says)... but with all the recent old people sightings... I'm
wondering if maybe there are just too many old people to hide them all.
Or maybe some have just escaped from where they're being hidden.

Charles has never been on a HAL ship and after being with you two in the
Viking Cruise, I know better than to believe everything you two say! vbg
I have been on four HAL cruise and no one hid me!

--Jean--one day Tom & Charles will sail on HAL and wonder why they waited
so long! ;-)

But you're a young babe Jean! It would be a shame to hide you away for
sure!!!

Jeff

Old February 3rd, 2008, 04:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Jeff" wrote in message

But you're a young babe Jean! It would be a shame to hide you away for
sure!!!

LOL! Jeff....flattery will get you everywhere! But the adoption papers are
still on hold! ;-D

--Jean

Old February 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Tom K" wrote in message
Charles says they hide the old people on HAL (and I believe everything
Charles says)... but with all the recent old people sightings... I'm
wondering if maybe there are just too many old people to hide them all.
Or maybe some have just escaped from where they're being hidden.

Charles has never been on a HAL ship and after being with you two in the
Viking Cruise, I know better than to believe everything you two say!
vbg I have been on four HAL cruise and no one hid me!

--Jean--one day Tom & Charles will sail on HAL and wonder why they
waited so long! ;-)

But you're a young babe Jean!

And a VIKING...

Old February 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Tom K" wrote in message

Charles says they hide the old people on HAL (and I believe everything
Charles says)... but with all the recent old people sightings... I'm
wondering if maybe there are just too many old people to hide them all.
Or maybe some have just escaped from where they're being hidden.

Charles has never been on a HAL ship and after being with you two in the
Viking Cruise, I know better than to believe everything you two say! vbg
I have been on four HAL cruise and no one hid me!

--Jean--one day Tom & Charles will sail on HAL and wonder why they waited
so long! ;-)

We're waiting till we get old.

Since you're still so young... we wonder why you've gone already.

Though... maybe it is a good idea to go before you get too old... once they
start hiding you (where ever it is that they hide you).... you might not get
to see much. I'd hate to go to a place like Alaska... and be kept in hiding
the whole time.

--Tom

Old February 3rd, 2008, 05:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
But you're a young babe Jean! It would be a shame to hide you away for
sure!!!

LOL! Jeff....flattery will get you everywhere! But the adoption papers are
still on hold! ;-D

--Jean

Dang! Whaddya I gotta do!!!??? Lol.......

Jeff