Smoking on Cruises

Old March 5th, 2008, 06:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_4_]

Default Smoking on Cruises

Boomer wrote:
"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
They're incapable of it because they're addicts. They have no higher
mental
functions when it comes to servicing their addiction. You might as well
politely ask a rabid pig not to bite you.

You're right about that one. Addicts will do anything for their next fix -
especially tobacco addicts since they think anyone will notice a little
smoke not realizing how it affects others around them.

So, why torture them when they're on vacation? They know the dangers
and I doubt if there are many who actually would NOT quit if they could.
--
Nonny

Nonnymus
A penny saved is obviously a
government oversight.
Old March 5th, 2008, 07:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie[_2_]

Nonnymus wrote:
Boomer wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

They're incapable of it because they're addicts. They have no higher
mental
functions when it comes to servicing their addiction. You might as well
politely ask a rabid pig not to bite you.

You're right about that one. Addicts will do anything for their next
fix - especially tobacco addicts since they think anyone will notice a
little smoke not realizing how it affects others around them.

So, why torture them when they're on vacation? They know the dangers
and I doubt if there are many who actually would NOT quit if they could.

Dear Nonnymus,
As long as they don't impact my personal
enjoyment, people can do whatever they want to do
that is legal and I don't give a darn.
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)
Old March 5th, 2008, 11:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

"Nonnymus" wrote in message
Boomer wrote:

So, why torture them when they're on vacation? They know the dangers and
I doubt if there are many who actually would NOT quit if they could.
--
Nonny

Nonnymus
A penny saved is obviously a
government oversight.

You're probably right but they seem to be the one's doing the torturing. I'm
only trying to be at peace & enjoy the cruise.

Old March 5th, 2008, 11:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 00:13:35 -0000, AZ Nomad
wrote:

Actually I find cigars less offensive than cigarettes which tend to be
freebased (soaked in ammonia) to enhance addictiveness. Cigarettes, to
me, smell much more like burning garbage.

Cigars seem to have a stronger more intense odor and they are smoked
longer. Cigarettes are bad but cigars are worse for me.
Old March 5th, 2008, 11:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 10:19:32 -0800, Nonnymus wrote:

So, why torture them when they're on vacation? They know the dangers
and I doubt if there are many who actually would NOT quit if they could.

I'm on vacation also and paying the same amount. Why should I have to
hide or have an asthma attack because of what they do?
Old March 6th, 2008, 10:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:54:28 -0800 (PST), Karen wrote:

On Feb 24, 4:17*pm, Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
Horse****, they know damn well they are still being obnoxious with their
cigar smoke and they make the overt choice to use the shallow excuse "it is
allowed" as if this allowance somehow sanctifies their voluntary
manslaughter.

Bottom line: Smokers are scum and they trade the inconvenience of their
withdrawal for my life. Period.

Oh my gosh, lighten up, will ya girlfriend?

People who smoke are usually a lot of fun, actually. And, they're nice
people, generally speaking, and not out to get you.

They're addicted and very uncomfortable if they are trapped somewhere
without a smoke. It's not like they can go somewhere for a smoke when
on a cruiseship.

Karen

I don't killfile anybody. I mark them as time-wasting idiots who need to
take a breath and reconsider their Usenet actions.

To elaborate, my suggestion is that before posting you should give your
head a shake to determine if there is anything inside and to consider
whether you really wished to make the fact public.