How much for our daughter?

Old March 18th, 2008, 06:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter[_3_]

Default How much for our daughter?

Ray Goldenberg wrote in
:

Irene

Hi Irene,

This is another Ray, not me. Another mistake by you. Kind of like you
thought rec.travel.cruises was a "Google Group". Kind of like you
thought you could sell Celebrity through your card mill host.
BTW, I will await your public apology. :+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
--

In her own way she is giving you the credit by acknowledging that there is
but one Ray!

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Old March 18th, 2008, 10:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake "Ray" :

Gack, read your subject line. I almost choked.

My wife and I are looking at a Bermuda cruise on Royal Caribbean. The price
is $749/pp. We have a 1 year old. Does she pay full price, a reduced rate,
or is she free? (Somehow, I don't think "free" is a real option)

Cruise? Free?

Also, the $749 price is for an oceanview cabin. Will Royal Carib provide a
crib and will it fit in one of those cabins? I know they are tight to begin
with, so I'm wondering if we'd have to go with a larger cabin (at a higher
price) to make this work.

The price will probably be somewhere in the order of $300 or so. It
will be "full price", but the price of a 3rd/4th. If she was only
going with your wife, they would each pay the $749.

You do know that there are taxes and fees on top of that $749, right?

Thanks

Old March 18th, 2008, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"Dillon Pyron" wrote

Gack, read your subject line. I almost choked.

Me too.

"How much for the little girl? Your women - how much for the women?"

Joliet Jake Blues in the Blues Brothers. (one of my all-time favorite
movies)

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

May 12, 2008 - 5 nt New Orleans http://www.cruisemaster.com/fantasy.htm
October 26, 2008 Sleazy 5 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy5.htm
Feb. 8, 2009 Solstice Valentine http://www.cruisemaster.com/solstice.htm

Old March 19th, 2008, 07:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

Ray,

That is a very good question. However, why not go right to the source itself
for the correct answer, instead of reading through threads from some of
those not quite sure. Here is the contact information... Royal Caribbean
International: 800-327-6700 or www.royalcaribbean.com. Since Royal Caribbean
International does not allow discounting, and like most of the other cruise
lines today, individual bookings are welcome and without the assistance of a
travel agent. Besides, doing so personally will afford you the opportunity
to answer any personal questions about your family if the cruise line needs
it for some reason.

Happy sailing...
John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY (sm)
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

"Ray" wrote in message
My wife and I are looking at a Bermuda cruise on Royal Caribbean. The
price is $749/pp. We have a 1 year old. Does she pay full price, a
reduced rate, or is she free? (Somehow, I don't think "free" is a real
option)

Also, the $749 price is for an oceanview cabin. Will Royal Carib provide
a crib and will it fit in one of those cabins? I know they are tight to
begin with, so I'm wondering if we'd have to go with a larger cabin (at a
higher price) to make this work.

Thanks
--

Ray

Remove NO and SPAM to reply

Old March 20th, 2008, 02:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray[_2_]

That is a very good question. However, why not go right to the source
itself for the correct answer, instead of reading through threads from
some of those not quite sure.

Just to close out this thread, we did end up doing that. I just posted the
question here late Saturday night hoping I'd have some info Sunday morning
before we called.

Turns out RC would have charged $549 (which is the 3rd person cabin rate).
We looked at some other similar cruises on other lines and Norwegian will
only charge us about $200 for her (flat rate for kids under 2, I believe).
But, I did get a call from RC today asking if we had any more questions
about the cruise we called about on Sunday. When I explained that RC was
going to charge $549 and another line was only charging $200, the rep
understood and was apologetic. She also said that RC had been receiving
complaints about that policy.

Then I told the rep that we probably wouldn't be cruising with them again
until my daughter was older and we could justify their charge. Again, she
understood and told us to come back to them when my daughter turns 3. She
also said that RC has the best kids programs out there. I told her that we
would give them a chance to make it up to us. It was a pleasant call on
both ends and I would definitely consider RC in the future.

Old March 20th, 2008, 06:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie[_2_]

Ray wrote:
[...]

SNIP
Enjoy NCL.
They know what their cruises are worth, and as a
One year old your daughter won't mind the level of
service that you folks receive one bit.
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)
Old March 20th, 2008, 03:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca[_2_]

Ray wrote:

Then I told the rep that we probably wouldn't be cruising with them again
until my daughter was older and we could justify their charge. Again, she
understood and told us to come back to them when my daughter turns 3.

On Royal Caribbean, they have to be 3 yrs old and they must be potty
trained. The children's program on Carnival begins when they are 2, so
you may want to give Carnival a try, first.

Keep reading the newsgroup, you can learn a lot here.

Becca
Old March 20th, 2008, 05:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cal Ford

You might want to consider MSC Cruises. They have some new ships and they do
some nice 7 day Carib Cruises. Most importantly there is no charge for children
under 17 years of age.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article VkkEj.12629$2Y4.2555@trndny01, Ray says...

Old March 20th, 2008, 10:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake "George Leppla" :

"Dillon Pyron" wrote

Gack, read your subject line. I almost choked.

Me too.

"How much for the little girl? Your women - how much for the women?"

Joliet Jake Blues in the Blues Brothers. (one of my all-time favorite
movies)

Voted to have the number 2 car chase of all time. French Connection
was #3. We all know what number one was. By a wide margin. Shot in
one take.
Old March 20th, 2008, 10:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Dillon Pyron wrote:

Voted to have the number 2 car chase of all time. French Connection
was #3. We all know what number one was. By a wide margin. Shot in
one take.

The RC car chase in San Fran seen in Dead Pool... or maybe its
bigger brother.