Luggage Tags????

Old February 9th, 2008, 10:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
chatty cathy

Default Luggage Tags????

Ok everyone i want to know if you buy already made tags for your luggage
or do any of you make yours ?
How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in the
dock..?
Do you use locks or do they make you unlock them to check luggage?
thanks....chatty cathy

Old February 9th, 2008, 11:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
James

"chatty cathy" wrote in message

snipped
How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in the
dock..?
snipped
thanks....chatty cathy

We use luggage straps w/ last name woven into strap.
such as www.ablelabels.com/luggage

Old February 9th, 2008, 11:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

chatty cathy wrote:
Ok everyone i want to know if you buy already made tags for your luggage
or do any of you make yours ?
How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in the
dock..?
Do you use locks or do they make you unlock them to check luggage?

I tie several pcs of ribbon on each handle and the color of the ribbon
is something unusual, not just plain. This makes our luggage very easy
to spot.

We don't bother locking our luggage, any lock you used they could easily
break if they want to. Of course we don't put anything of value in our
checked bags.

sue
Old February 10th, 2008, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
dparkaa

Use red or other color duct tape. Wrap it around each of the luggage
handles. We use red and can always spot our luggage.

Old February 10th, 2008, 12:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sam[_7_]

link did not work. Try www.ablelabels.com

__________________________________________________ __________________*

Old February 10th, 2008, 02:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
nekochan

I just bought some tags from www.visitag.com. It has my last name on
one side and 'not yours' on the other side. Before that, I used some
braided yarn around my luggage handle.

Old February 10th, 2008, 03:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie[_2_]

chatty cathy wrote:
Ok everyone i want to know if you buy already made tags for your luggage
or do any of you make yours ?
How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in the
dock..?
Do you use locks or do they make you unlock them to check luggage?
thanks....chatty cathy

I put large self sticking bright orange "Target
Markers" that I get at our local sporting goods
store on each side of our luggage. Makes them
stand out at a distance and nobody can say they
though our bag was theirs. Lots more effective
than yarn around the handle, etc. It also clearly
makes each one part of a set, even if they are
somewhat "different." Someday we will have
matching luggage, and the "Target Markers."
Have a great trip,
John in LALALand
Old February 10th, 2008, 04:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

chatty cathy wrote:

Ok everyone i want to know if you buy already made tags for your luggage
or do any of you make yours ?
How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in the
dock..?

We do two things. First, we bought a couple of rainbow striped
luggage straps. You can easily see those when your luggage is
coming off the conveyer belt, although now that they restrict
the weight we tend to use duffles instead of suitcases and the
straps don't work as well. Second, I have a bunch of hot pink
luggage tags that I got for free a trade show a while ago. That
makes it somewhat easy to see the bags coming.

Bill