CCL revises Fuel Surcharge and Refunds !!!

Old March 11th, 2008, 01:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default CCL revises Fuel Surcharge and Refunds !!!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/23566290/for/cnbc/
Old March 11th, 2008, 02:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie[_2_]

wrote:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/23566290/for/cnbc/

From CNBC:
MIAMI - One of the world's top cruise operators
has agreed to reimburse passengers for fuel
surcharges that were not adequately disclosed, the
Florida attorney general announced Monday.

The settlement with Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
affects 300,000 bookings _ the number of customers
involved was not immediately available _ and will
return $21 million to people nationwide who made
trip deposits as of Nov. 15.

"There's gonna be a lot of happy cruisers," said
Sandi Copes, spokeswoman for Attorney General Bill
McCollum.

Royal Caribbean and Carnival Corp., another
industry leader, announced in November they would
start billing passengers to offset rising fuel
prices _ $5 per person, per day _ for voyages
beginning Feb. 1.

Attorney General Bill McCollum received more than
300 complaints about the fuel surcharge, which
other cruise operators also added, and launched an
investigation into whether customers were made
aware of the new fee when they made their bookings.

The settlement involves three Royal Caribbean
brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity
Cruises and Azamara Cruises.

SNIP

Sometimes the little people win.
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)
Old March 11th, 2008, 04:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:49:31 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/23566290/for/cnbc/

Hi Everyone,

This is a very misleading subject header. As of this evening,
Carnival has NOT revised fuel surcharge or refunds. It is my
understanding that Carnival is in discussions with the Florida AG but
there has been NO announcement. BTW, I believe the cruise lines will
be raising the fuel charge in the not too distant future.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old March 11th, 2008, 08:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

Now if only Carnival corp with all their cruise lines would follow RCI's
lead.

~~DORIS~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Princess Star 3-30-2008
Princess Star 4-11-2008
Carnival Legend 9-7-2008
RCCL Grandeur 12-8-2008

Old March 11th, 2008, 12:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:49:31 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/23566290/for/cnbc/

Hi Everyone,

To add clarification, here is the official Royal Caribbean press
release. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Voluntarily Revises Fuel Supplement

MIAMI, March 10
After working closely with the Florida Attorney General's office,
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. today announced it has voluntarily agreed
to eliminate its fuel supplement on any bookings made prior to the
announcement of the fuel supplement on November 16, 2007.

Royal Caribbean will eliminate the fuel supplement for any guests who
had a booking made prior to November 16. Guests booked before November
16 who paid the fuel supplement and have taken their cruise will
receive a refund through the form of payment used to purchase their
sailing. Guests booked before November 16 who paid the fuel supplement
and have not taken their cruise will receive their refund as an
onboard credit during their sailing.

As originally announced, the company did not charge the fuel
supplement to guests with bookings made and paid in full before
November 16. It will now eliminate the fuel supplement for guests with
bookings made but not paid in full before that date. These latter
guests were also provided with a three- week period in which to cancel
their sailing without penalty.

The company has been in discussions with the Florida Attorney
General's office to ensure the fuel supplement was implemented in a
fair and reasonable manner.

The fuel supplement, which remains in place for North American
bookings made on or after November 16, 2007, involves three Royal
Caribbean Cruises Ltd. brands: Royal Caribbean International,
Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Cruises. The fuel supplement consists of
a $5 per-guest, per-day charge for sailings that depart on or after
February 1, 2008. The fuel supplement applies only to the first and
second guests in each stateroom and does not exceed $70 per person per
sailing.

Today's announcement will have no impact on the company's revenue
projections and the company reaffirms its previous yield guidance.

The Florida Attorney General's office is expected to issue a press
release regarding this matter Tuesday morning.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is a global cruise vacation company that
operates Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur,
Azamara Cruises and CDF Croisieres de France. The company has a
combined total of 37 ships in service and seven under construction. It
also offers unique land- tour vacations in Alaska, Asia, Australia,
Canada, Europe, Latin and South America and New Zealand. Additional
information can be found on www.royalcaribbean.com , www.celebrity.com
.. www.pullmantur.es , www.azamaracruises.com , or www.rclinvestor.com
..

Old March 11th, 2008, 01:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Ray Goldenberg wrote:

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Voluntarily Revises Fuel Supplement

MIAMI, March 10
After working closely with the Florida Attorney General's office,
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. today announced it has voluntarily agreed
to eliminate its fuel supplement on any bookings made prior to the
announcement of the fuel supplement on November 16, 2007.

So do I now have to give back the RCCI cookbook they gave us
because of the fuel surcharge???
Old March 11th, 2008, 03:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default RCCL revises Fuel Surcharge and Refunds !!!

On Mar 11, 9:46�am, Kurt Ullman wrote:

� � � So do I now have to give back the RCCI cookbook they gave us
because of the fuel surcharge???

=-=-=
Heh Heh,

Yep. I also recieved a cookbook in February on the Explorer. Last
week I got a crapy beach bag on the Enchantment, (much lower quality
than the one Diamond members get each cruise). I think I left it
onboard.

They ain't getting the cookbook back!

I have $85.00 coming from RCI. We shall see how long it takes.

Stephen in FLL
Old March 11th, 2008, 03:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Mar 11, 11:02�am, (Jeff Gersten) wrote:
(Kurt�Ullman) wrote:
So do I now have to give back the RCCI
cookbook they gave us because of the fuel
surcharge???

You probably should consult the Florida Attorney General for the answer
to that question, or any others that arise from the setlement. �

-=-=-
Jeff,

While I cannot speak for Kurt, my post was in jest. I have no
intention of returning My cookbook; nor will RCI be expecting it
back. BTW: It is my understanding that it was the end of the run for
this cookbook and that they were just getting rid of them in a
positive way. Putting a Positive spin on a Negitive situation. The
new cookbook will be in their new "Vitality" theme, and there will be
a new version published soon.
IMO.

I am most positive that the Fuel Surcharges for Both cruises($60 & $25
= $85.00) will be forthcoming on my next statement or two. I'm not
worried about it ... at this point in time.

Stephen in FLL

Old March 11th, 2008, 03:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article
,

(Kurt?Ullman) wrote:
So do I now have to give back the RCCI
cookbook they gave us because of the fuel
surcharge???

You probably should consult the Florida Attorney General for the answer
to that question, or any others that arise from the setlement. ?

-=-=-
Jeff,

While I cannot speak for Kurt, my post was in jest.

That bump on the left side of my face was related to my tongue being
so firmly in cheek that it almost came out the other side...