Le Pavillon Hotel in New Orleans

Old April 1st, 2004, 05:13 AM

Default Le Pavillon Hotel in New Orleans

Cruising the Conquest out of New Orleans in May, and BW and I plan to
arrive a couple of days early to let her see The Big Easy for her first
time.

Been looking at places to stay on hotels.com, and found Le Pavillon--it
sounds almost too good to be true! A really ritzy, deluxe place for
only $129/night (plus tax), even on weekends.

Is this hotel really everything their promo material says they are?

Thanks in advance,

Lakeside
Old April 1st, 2004, 04:22 PM
Cal Ford

Well, if you want to move up to the W and have a great location too, why not go
whole hog and stay at the Ritz .....

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article , Howard Garland says...

wrote:

Cruising the Conquest out of New Orleans in May, and BW and I plan to
arrive a couple of days early to let her see The Big Easy for her first
time.

Been looking at places to stay on hotels.com, and found Le Pavillon--it
sounds almost too good to be true! A really ritzy, deluxe place for
only $129/night (plus tax), even on weekends.

Is this hotel really everything their promo material says they are?

Haven't stayed there; but it looks kind of swank from the outside. The
only problem is the location, which is closer to the business district
than the French Quarter. If you like to walk, this is not really a
problem. Another hotel that I would highly recommend is the W on canal
street. It's closer to both the French Quarter and the river walk. The
atmosphere is very trendy; and the rooms are chic and very comfortable.

Howie

Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:27 AM
Howard Garland

Cal Ford wrote:

Well, if you want to move up to the W and have a great location too, why not go
whole hog and stay at the Ritz .....

I don't consider the W a step up from the Pavillon, Cal, just different.
It's also very different from the Ritz. Been to NOLA many times, as
our younger son went to school there and lived there for a couple of
years after college. We've stayed at many different hotels and the W on
Canal & Poydras (not the one in the French Quarter, where we have also
stayed) is one of our favorites.

Howie