Anyone Know of a Female Ship's Captain?

Old May 18th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Howie

Default Anyone Know of a Female Ship's Captain?

If not; then why not?

Howie

Old May 18th, 2004, 01:37 AM
Ray Goldenberg

On Mon, 17 May 2004 20:33:38 -0400, Howie
wrote:

If not; then why not?

Hi Howard,

Yes there are female Captains. I have sailed with them.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old May 18th, 2004, 01:55 AM
MJDEEG

No but on our last cruise we had our first female CD.
Happy Cruisin'
Mark
Home Port:
Monmouth County,NJ.
Old May 18th, 2004, 01:58 AM
HDawson228

I think Royal Caribbean has a lady captain, but not a master yet. Not sure.
Maybe Ray can confirm.
Old May 18th, 2004, 02:16 AM
Dick Goldhaber

I haven't and I don't know why not.

I wouldn't have a problem with either a Captain or a Cruise Director.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Howie" wrote in message
If not; then why not?

Howie

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Howie

wrote:

If not; then why not?

Hi Howard,

Yes there are female Captains. I have sailed with them.

Cool, Ray. Do you remember what ship(s)?

Howie

Old May 18th, 2004, 03:02 AM
villa deauville

Female CD on the Zuiderdam.