Passengers Aboard Flight Delayed 18 Hours

Old December 31st, 2004, 04:03 AM
Gregory Morrow

Default Passengers Aboard Flight Delayed 18 Hours

vite Francia wrote:

"Casey" wrote in message
link.net...
I wonder if the emergency slides will have been disengaged, if so the
jump from a DC10 door to the ground would most likely lead to
broken bones. In any case don't forget this happened in the US. With
the state of nervousness there, the likely presence of armed air
marshalls
on the aircraft, and almost certainly the presence of armed police on
the ground, opening a door and jumping out could well be the last
action you took.
--==++AJC++==--

And that would be KIDNAPPING. To not allow me to leave unless I'm
under questioning for having committed a crime, or I'm under oath in
court giving crucial testimony, or I'm at work performing a delicate
life-
dependent type of occupation, those things excepted--to not allow me to
leave is flat-out KIDNAPPING, I don't care what the law says.
How can we get this changed?

You are hopelessly naive. Try reading the actual text of the Patriot

Act.
Your government now has the right to declare anyone - including USA
citizens - as an enemy, and therefore to send them to Cuba or any-
where else it deems necessary.

Hot damn! If Governor Arnold doesn't like me he'll send me to Gitmo!

AJC is right. Before the Patriot Act
was passed, you would simply have been arrested and charged with
some minor federal offense. Now you just might be incommunicado
for years.

It's interesting that those who are consumed by
hatred of America completely ignore similar actions
by other countries. In fact, many America-haters
appear to have been driven insane with rage. For
instance, there's a certain resident of Quebec who
prefers to spend his waking hours obsessing about
the US on Usenet rather than securing a job.

Oh, Canada! "OTTAWA - Security certificates used
to detain suspected terrorists indefinitely for months
without charge are constitutional, the Federal Court
of Appeal ruled Friday."
http://makeashorterlink.com/?J1553112A

Hello, guv! "Britain's highest court on Thursday
harshly condemned one of the most hotly disputed
elements of the country's anti-terrorist strategy _ a
law allowing some foreign suspects to be locked up
indefinitely with no charge."
http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1652212A

Merde! "...in France, where four prisoners from the
(Guantanamo) naval base were arrested as soon as
they arrived home in July, and haven't been heard
from since. Under French law, they could remain
locked up for as long as three years while authorities
decide whether to put them on trial -- a legal limbo that
their attorneys charge is not much different than what
they faced at Guantanamo."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer

Now that you know about this, I'm sure you'll start
spamming various newsgroups about the abuses of
the French legal system with equal fervor. Get busy!

Thanks for the info!

--
Best
Greg