Naples to Sorrento

Old July 6th, 2005, 02:40 PM

Default Naples to Sorrento

I need a recommendation of a good and inexpensive car service to pick
me up at Naples Airport and take me to Sorrento... I know there is the
Curreri bus line, however the last bus leaves at 7pm and I don't arrive
until 8pm.

Old July 6th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Donald Newcomb

"Juliana L Holm" wrote in message
While you'd still need to get into Naples, what about the train

(Circumvesuviana
out to Sorrento?)

I think if the OP is flying into Naples, rather than taking the train from
Rome, he is probably not too concerned about the cost and can afford a car
and driver. Besides, the CV is not a very pleasant ride.

--
Donald Newcomb
DRNewcomb (at) attglobal (dot) net

Old July 6th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Juliana L Holm

Donald Newcomb wrote:

"Juliana L Holm" wrote in message
While you'd still need to get into Naples, what about the train

(Circumvesuviana
out to Sorrento?)

I think if the OP is flying into Naples, rather than taking the train from
Rome, he is probably not too concerned about the cost and can afford a car
and driver. Besides, the CV is not a very pleasant ride.

It's not terrible. It's rather like, however, taking a subway-style train
for a couple of hours. The OP may indeed prefer a car (and has some referrals)
for that, but since he mentioned he was not taking a bus because the bus
service was closed, I thought he might want a public transport option.

Julie

--
Julie
**********
Old July 6th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Donald Newcomb

"Juliana L Holm" wrote in message
It's not terrible. It's rather like, however, taking a subway-style train
for a couple of hours. The OP may indeed prefer a car (and has some

referrals)
for that, but since he mentioned he was not taking a bus because the bus
service was closed, I thought he might want a public transport option.

Understood. It's the way I'd go. But then, I'm cheap. ;-)

Old July 6th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Poetic Justice

I need a recommendation of a good and
inexpensive car service to pick me up at
Naples Airport and take me to Sorrento...

This car service gets alot of raves on the Fodor's Forum (
www.fodors.com/forums/ ).
www.cuomonet.it
In a recent trip report the poster went from the airport to Positano
for =8070.
Regards, Walter

...And Paradise Was Lost...like teardrops in the rain...

Old July 7th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Italian Job

ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...
I need a recommendation of a good and inexpensive car service to pick
me up at Naples Airport and take me to Sorrento... I know there is the
Curreri bus line, however the last bus leaves at 7pm and I don't arrive
until 8pm.

I think (but may be wrong) that for CURRERI, you'd intend the CORRIERA, the
common name for extra city bus transport.
i repeat it may be wrong but curreri looks to me as a napolitan would call
the corriera in his slang.
So don't look for a Curreri company, but ask for a local corriera.

Old July 7th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Dan Stephenson

In article , Juliana L Holm
wrote:

It's not terrible. It's rather like, however, taking a subway-style train
for a couple of hours.

More like 45 minutes to Sorrento? The hard part if figuring out where
the station is, under the regular train station, and figuring how and
where to buy the tickets.

--
Dan Stephenson
Photos and movies from US Parks and all over Europe:
Old July 7th, 2005, 08:38 AM
ALAN HARRISON

"Italian Job" wrote in message

I think (but may be wrong) that for CURRERI, you'd intend the CORRIERA,
the
common name for extra city bus transport.

"Corriera" correposnds more or less to British "coach", but I think Curreri
is the name of a company which runs "corriere" in Campania.

Alan Harrison