flying from dulles to greece is expensive!

Old March 27th, 2004, 06:36 PM
abdul rahim

Default flying from dulles to greece is expensive!

yahoo travel priced out a round trip in may at $800 or $1,100,
depending on airline.

cripes! is there a typical, more-affordable, sale-level fare to
greece that i should be on the watch for?
Old March 27th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Mark Hewitt

"abdul rahim" wrote in message
m...
yahoo travel priced out a round trip in may at $800 or $1,100,
depending on airline.

cripes! is there a typical, more-affordable, sale-level fare to
greece that i should be on the watch for?

Try flying to Gatwick and then easyJet to Athens.

You don't say where you are flying from tho.

Old March 27th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Alec

"Mark Hewitt" wrote in message

"abdul rahim" wrote in message
m...
yahoo travel priced out a round trip in may at $800 or $1,100,
depending on airline.

cripes! is there a typical, more-affordable, sale-level fare to
greece that i should be on the watch for?

Try flying to Gatwick and then easyJet to Athens.

You don't say where you are flying from tho.

See the subject line: Dulles (International), Washington DC.

Alec

Old March 27th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Scott

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 21:29:40 -0000, "Alec"
wrote:

"Mark Hewitt" wrote in message

"abdul rahim" wrote in message
m...
yahoo travel priced out a round trip in may at $800 or $1,100,
depending on airline.

cripes! is there a typical, more-affordable, sale-level fare to
greece that i should be on the watch for?

Try flying to Gatwick and then easyJet to Athens.

You don't say where you are flying from tho.

See the subject line: Dulles (International), Washington DC.

Alec

Got tired of waiting for sales. Booked my IAD-CPH flights yesterday.
$950 average per person. I got the feeling that I better not wait
anymore. If you're flexible on your plans, you can wait a bit but we
aren't so we bought tix now.

Old March 27th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Miguel Cruz

Scott wrote:
Got tired of waiting for sales. Booked my IAD-CPH flights yesterday.
$950 average per person. I got the feeling that I better not wait
anymore. If you're flexible on your plans, you can wait a bit but we
aren't so we bought tix now.

Also going in May? According to itasoftware.com (I didn't probe further) you
can get a nonstop on SAS for $697 leaving the 13th and returning the 20th
(the first and only dates I tried).

miguel
Old March 28th, 2004, 02:09 AM
abdul rahim

but i did, in the subject line.
dulles. washington, DC

Old March 28th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Scott

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:55:56 GMT, Miguel Cruz wrote:

Scott wrote:
Got tired of waiting for sales. Booked my IAD-CPH flights yesterday.
$950 average per person. I got the feeling that I better not wait
anymore. If you're flexible on your plans, you can wait a bit but we
aren't so we bought tix now.

Also going in May? According to itasoftware.com (I didn't probe further) you
can get a nonstop on SAS for $697 leaving the 13th and returning the 20th
(the first and only dates I tried).

migueL

Hey Miguel,

I must have overlooked where he said May. I'm going June 30 to July
22.

Old March 28th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Miguel Cruz

Scott wrote:
Miguel Cruz wrote:
Scott wrote:
Got tired of waiting for sales. Booked my IAD-CPH flights yesterday.
$950 average per person. I got the feeling that I better not wait
anymore. If you're flexible on your plans, you can wait a bit but we
aren't so we bought tix now.

Also going in May? According to itasoftware.com (I didn't probe further) you
can get a nonstop on SAS for $697 leaving the 13th and returning the 20th
(the first and only dates I tried).

I must have overlooked where he said May. I'm going June 30 to July
22.

Ah, not easy in July! Still, that seems a bit high. I usually try to avoid
June-August but I've never paid that much to go to Amsterdam; I think my
record is a bit over $600. But I'm usually flexible with my dates within a
week or two, and of course CPH costs a bit more.

miguel
Old March 29th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Joe Momma

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
Ah, not easy in July! Still, that seems a bit high. I usually try to avoid
June-August but I've never paid that much to go to Amsterdam; I think my
record is a bit over $600. But I'm usually flexible with my dates within a
week or two, and of course CPH costs a bit more.

Since the Olympics are in Greece this summer, I doubt there'll be a cheap
fare within a month of the games.

Old March 29th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Scott

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 22:16:09 GMT, Miguel Cruz wrote:

Scott wrote:
Miguel Cruz wrote:
Scott wrote:
Got tired of waiting for sales. Booked my IAD-CPH flights yesterday.
$950 average per person. I got the feeling that I better not wait
anymore. If you're flexible on your plans, you can wait a bit but we
aren't so we bought tix now.

Also going in May? According to itasoftware.com (I didn't probe further) you
can get a nonstop on SAS for $697 leaving the 13th and returning the 20th
(the first and only dates I tried).

I must have overlooked where he said May. I'm going June 30 to July
22.

Ah, not easy in July! Still, that seems a bit high. I usually try to avoid
June-August but I've never paid that much to go to Amsterdam; I think my
record is a bit over $600. But I'm usually flexible with my dates within a
week or two, and of course CPH costs a bit more.

miguel

Yeah, this is the most I've ever paid.. I just don't have the
flexibility this time to try different routes.