Cozumel info please

Old November 4th, 2003, 08:26 PM
WebKatz

Default Cozumel info please

We're headed back to Coz in February after a 5-year absence. The last
time we were at the Allegro on Playa San Francisco. This time we're on
our own in a little hotel on Playa Norte.

We don't dive, but I would appreciate suggestions on snorkel sites
besides Chankanaab. We've been to San Gervasio, and toured the east
side of the island, but if there are other sites we should see, please
do tell. Also, since we stayed at an AI last time, any recommendation
for good food (particularly local dishes and fresh seafood) would be
appreciated.

Here's our last visit the
http://www.webkatz.net/Mexico/cozumel.html. I know the island has
changed a lot in 5 years and am really looking forward to some current
information.

Thanks,

Dave

---
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

- HL Mencken
Old December 2nd, 2003, 04:13 AM
Bill Kiene

Hello Dave & Gelina,

I would buy a new version of one of the travel books by Moon Publication.
"Cancun" or "Yucatan Peninsula". Both have about 20 pages on Cozemel.
They also have excellent maps.

Have you been to "Isla Holbox"? It is a very clean, quiet little fishing
village way west of Cancun.

Right out from Cancun is "Isla Mujeres" too.

I have been in Belize a lot too. Some day you might enjoy Ambergris Cay, Cay
Caulker and the like southern fishing village of Placencia. There are little
islands that are only a mile long or so with cottages way out on the barrier
reef. http://www.tclodgebelize.com/index.html

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop