new museum

Old June 10th, 2007, 06:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Default new museum

I know that north america is just a little bit outside of Europe, but
this museum simply looks too exciting too miss. I'm going to book now!

http://www.creationmuseum.org/

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
http://www.davidhorne.net - real address on website
Old June 10th, 2007, 07:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
I know that north america is just a little bit outside of Europe, but
this museum simply looks too exciting too miss. I'm going to book now!

http://www.creationmuseum.org/

They're a scary bunch.

I was looking through the personal profiles of the staff.

They do seem to employ a lot of artists and are a touch light on people with
any sort of scientific background...

I'm assuming this isn't some sort of sophisticated joke.

Mind you, I thought the 'Chick Tracts' were a joke when I first came across
them...

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old June 10th, 2007, 08:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

William Black wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
I know that north america is just a little bit outside of Europe, but
this museum simply looks too exciting too miss. I'm going to book now!

http://www.creationmuseum.org/

They're a scary bunch.

I was looking through the personal profiles of the staff.

They do seem to employ a lot of artists and are a touch light on people with
any sort of scientific background...

I'm assuming this isn't some sort of sophisticated joke.

You couldn't make it up...

Old June 10th, 2007, 09:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Tilley

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
I know that north america is just a little bit outside of Europe, but
this museum simply looks too exciting too miss. I'm going to book now!

http://www.creationmuseum.org/

It was featured this morning on BBC Breakfast and showed children playing
with herbivore dinosaurs (with an explanation that yes, that really
happened).

JohnT

Old June 10th, 2007, 09:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Andy Pandy

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
I know that north america is just a little bit outside of Europe, but
this museum simply looks too exciting too miss. I'm going to book now!

http://www.creationmuseum.org/

I can't work out what it's (the commercial doesn't play and my pdf reader says the
brouchure is corrupt)!

If it's about creation according to genesis, what are they doing with "dinosaur
animatronics"? It does sound interesting though - I'd certainly go if it wasn't 3000
miles away.....there aren't many museums devoted to religion.

--
Andy

Old June 10th, 2007, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Andy Pandy wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
I know that north america is just a little bit outside of Europe, but
this museum simply looks too exciting too miss. I'm going to book now!

http://www.creationmuseum.org/

I can't work out what it's (the commercial doesn't play and my pdf reader
says the brouchure is corrupt)!

If it's about creation according to genesis, what are they doing with
"dinosaur animatronics"? It does sound interesting though - I'd certainly
go if it wasn't 3000 miles away.....there aren't many museums devoted to
religion.

No churches near you then?

I haven't decided yet exactly what this museum is devoted to. The $20
price tag is _very_ expensive by US standards. The Met in NYC suggests a
$15 "contribution" IIRC.

Old June 10th, 2007, 09:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Andy Pandy

"John Tilley" wrote in message

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
I know that north america is just a little bit outside of Europe, but
this museum simply looks too exciting too miss. I'm going to book now!

http://www.creationmuseum.org/

It was featured this morning on BBC Breakfast and showed children playing
with herbivore dinosaurs (with an explanation that yes, that really
happened).

Linked from their website, this explains it all!

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/2.asp

I find it fascinating that people believe this stuff. But at least these people seem
to be consistent - there's none of the usual bull**** you get from most religious
people I know, that genesis "isn't meant to be taken literally", yet the resurrection
of Christ is...

--
Andy

Old June 10th, 2007, 09:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
pope-on-a-rope

On 10 Jun, 22:05, "Andy Pandy"
wrote:
"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in k...

I know that north america is just a little bit outside of Europe, but
this museum simply looks too exciting too miss. I'm going to book now!

http://www.creationmuseum.org/

I can't work out what it's (the commercial doesn't play and my pdf reader says the
brouchure is corrupt)!

its all ****ing corrupt.....brings the pages of the Bible to life. I
dont remember any Dinosaurs in that book !

perhaps the Scientologists will get nervous and 'take them out'.

Old June 10th, 2007, 09:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin - bogus address

there aren't many museums devoted to religion.

The Glasgow one beside the cathedral is okay ("St Mungo's Museum of
Mumbo-Jumbo") though a Buddhist friend of mine says they screwed up
with a few things about Buddhism (putting images of Buddha on the
floor and an uninspiring Zen garden design).

The best I've seen is the room devoted to early Islam in the Topkapi in
Istanbul. And in its perverse way the Church of St Paul Shipwrecked in
Malta, which isn't intentionally a museum but feels like a warehouse-
sized version of your mad Catholic great-aunt's attic, with tons of dusty
tat looming out of stygian gloom.

Old June 10th, 2007, 10:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
I know that north america is just a little bit outside of Europe, but
this museum simply looks too exciting too miss. I'm going to book now!

http://www.creationmuseum.org/

I can't work out what it's (the commercial doesn't play and my pdf reader
says the brouchure is corrupt)!

If it's about creation according to genesis, what are they doing with
"dinosaur animatronics"? It does sound interesting though - I'd certainly
go if it wasn't 3000 miles away.....there aren't many museums devoted to
religion.

No churches near you then?

Hardly museums...

I haven't decided yet exactly what this museum is devoted to.

It seems to point to this website a lot: http://www.answersingenesis.org

The $20
price tag is _very_ expensive by US standards. The Met in NYC suggests a
$15 "contribution" IIRC.

Yes. TV evangelists spring to mind...

--
Andy