Beautiful Sorrento

Old October 30th, 2008, 08:44 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Beautiful Sorrento

We were pleasantly surprised with Sorrento.
It was a first stop on a 15-day vacation to Italy that my wife and I
took to celebrate our 25th Anniversary.
Our 25-year-old son, 21-year-old daughter and their respective
boyfriend and girlfriend accompanied us. We spent 5 days here.
Subsequently we visited Rome, Venice, and Lake Como.
Reports that Sorrento would be overcrowded and overpriced seemed to be
exaggerated.
Perhaps our visit in late May helped us enjoy great weather, while
still avoiding the summer crowds. Sorrento is a very tidy, beautiful,
and friendly place.
They have been welcoming European tourists for over 200 years, and are
very good at it.
The scent of the abundant lemon groves coupled with the stunning views
of the bay of Naples including Mount Vesuvius and topped off with
quaint side streets made our stay a memorable one.
Commuter trains from Naples easily reach Sorrento, and the train
station is centrally located.
The main street (Corso Italia) is intersected by Piazza Tasso, which
is the centre of the town.
From here you can easily walk down through a gorge to the beach or
into the historic district for a wide variety of watering holes and
restaurants.
Just off the main Piazza there is an ancient building built in the
gorge. It is lit with different coloured flood lights in the evening
and is a very nice sight.
The beaches would not be described as stunning Mediterranean beaches.
There are a myriad of beach clubs offering chaise lounges and
umbrellas atop cement piers and wooden platforms.
Although not as typically ITALIAN as many other destinations, it is a
great place to get your fix of sun, partying, limoncello, and ferries
or buses to a wide variety of locations for day trips.
Sorrento can visited on a budget staying in an Apartment and eat at
moderately priced restaurants, or you can stay and eat very
expensively.... but the views and memories are the same no matter
what.
We rented a three bedroom house located 900 meters from the train
station and a 5 minute walk to Piazza S.Agnello: Sorrento Holidays
House La Terrazza (www.SorrentoHoliday.info).
It was clean and convenient and very roomy. There we several grocery
stores and restaurants close by.
I highly recommend this apartment - 100% residential and surrounded by
lemon groves!
Old October 31st, 2008, 03:34 AM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl[_4_]

wrote in message
(www.SorrentoHoliday.spam).

Another independently verified satisfied customer!

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old October 31st, 2008, 05:04 PM posted to rec.travel.air
yieeedyaiegssse

wrote:

We were pleasantly surprised with Spamento.
It was a first spam [...]
(
www.SpamentoHoliday.goawayspammer).

spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, and spam!