Tahiti on the Paul Gauguin

Old February 19th, 2006, 04:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Tahiti on the Paul Gauguin

Gee, Shawn, you make me want to go right away! ;-)
--Jean

"shawnabbtt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Man, how do we get RID of these hotheads who lay in wait just to jump
down someone's throat! It sure defeats the purpose of someone asking
LEGITIMATE questions, and gets instead a spewing of venom from those
guys.

I've not done the Gauguin, but did do the Tahitian Princess a couple of
years ago. I had also been on that SAME ship on a previous trip to
Tahiti when it was a Renaissance ship! They didn't even change the
bedspreads...ha!

The motu picnic whereby you are seated at tables in a lagoon was
awesome. Another motu experience was when they cooked breadfruit and
tapioca over an open fire, and made pouisson cru (sp?) from freshly
caught tuna. Served it all on freshly shucked banana leaves.

Snorkeling is NOT to be missed. And a general tour around Tahiti
itself was surprisingly fun. Make sure you look for the boxes that
look like mail boxes on the side of the road in front of the
residences...they are literally bread boxes...fresh loaves delivered!

Go see how vanilla is grown and buy some powdered vanilla to sprinkle
in your vanilla ice cream back home, and go see what copal is...go to a
pearl farm and see how these beauties are made.

And do go to the market in Tahiti as it is remarkable...go at the
beginning to pick up inexpensive tropical flower arrangement for your
room ($10-20) and at the end for last minute shopping. Get some
baroque black pearls there; you will treasure them always...Tahiti had
the most competitive and largest assortment right on the street in
front of the ship.

The second time i took my mom and sis and it was wonderful to see their
delight grow each day..."tahiti..wow!"...then "wait til you see
Moorea"...then "wait til you see Bora Bora! the 15 min. helicopter ride
is awesome if expensive. you will have wonderful photos that look like
postcards!

I also tend to look for 7 day cruises for personal, family reasons; i
prefer not to be gone longer. I sure want to get back there soon!

shawn

Old February 19th, 2006, 08:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Diane F wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi Mark, ignore Bob aka Reef Fish. Most of us have killfiled him and only
see him when someone adds his response to their posts.

You don't read my posts. You advise others to ignore something
you've never read!

That was exactly Jean O'Boyle said.

You have adequately described and indicted your Fascist attitude in a
non-Fascist society in a public forum intended for open discussion.

-- Bob.

Old February 19th, 2006, 09:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

shawnabbtt wrote:
Man, how do we get RID of these hotheads who lay in wait just to jump
down someone's throat!

You mean Ray Goldenberg don't you?

I merely asked the question of comparison of the two ships,
(which a couple of posters later did), when Ray jumped in

Ray As usual our anonymous blowhard is all wet. What else is new?
Ray Have you noticed that the blowhard trolls are always anonymous?
:+)

fired his first shot and kept on firing the rest of his post, without
offereing any comparison except bragging that he had 26 hzppy
customers (the ones he SPAMMED for) on the Gauguin.

It sure defeats the purpose of someone asking
LEGITIMATE questions, and gets instead a spewing of venom from those
guys.

That certainly fingered Ray. I was asking the LEGIT question of
comparison, and he went into his ****ing mode for no cause.

He never would have existed had this group not tolerate any
SPAMMER who is violating usenet guidelines. Ray would not
have survived in any other group for his kind spamming except
in rec.travel.cruises.

-- Bob.

Old February 20th, 2006, 01:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default San Diego airport to pier.

Anyone have info on how to get to San Diego from San Diego airport?

Old February 20th, 2006, 01:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi
wrote in message
Anyone have info on how to get to San Diego from San Diego airport?

About 5-10 minute taxi, you can see the port from the airport.

PMM

Old February 21st, 2006, 04:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake "PMM" pmurrayno :

Hi
wrote in message
Anyone have info on how to get to San Diego from San Diego airport?

About 5-10 minute taxi, you can see the port from the airport.

PMM

As I heard one person say "flag down a taxi, climb in one door and out
the other. Pay the taxi drive ten bucks"
--
dillon

Could have been is in the past
Could be is in the future