strip searched

Old May 7th, 2007, 07:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air
JA_MORAN

Default strip searched

I am not going to jail, just trying to get on a plane to get someplace...

was at airport this morning with stuff I am used to traveling with and
got pulled aside for a "strip search" or "special screening"

I had a laptop, video camera, and computer cables... nothing unusual
about that stuff.... also a small electronic screwdriver set...

I also took a shortwave radio and scanner radio plus a power inverter..

take off my shoes... I said htey were brand new.... had to take them off
anyway

I have a letter in process to complain as this does not make me safe
it makes me feel uncomfortable that they feel the need to do this to
everyone

JOHN

Old May 7th, 2007, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.air
One Way Ticket

I have a letter in process to complain as this does not make me safe
it makes me feel uncomfortable that they feel the need to do this to
everyone

Welcome to air transportation for the new millenium. If you carry
electronic devices you must expect to be subject to additional
screening. Same goes depending on your gender/age/ethnicity, or if
you are flying on a one-way ticket, you may be subject to more
inspection than a seventy years old grandmother. It's a sign of the
times, don't take it personally.

Old May 7th, 2007, 10:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

JA_MORAN wrote:

I am not going to jail, just trying to get on a plane to get someplace...

was at airport this morning with stuff I am used to traveling with and
got pulled aside for a "strip search" or "special screening"

Which was it? Do you actually know what a "strip search" is?

I had a laptop, video camera, and computer cables... nothing unusual
about that stuff.... also a small electronic screwdriver set...

I also took a shortwave radio and scanner radio plus a power inverter..

take off my shoes... I said htey were brand new.... had to take them off
anyway

What does the age of the shoe have to do with anything?

I have a letter in process to complain as this does not make me safe
it makes me feel uncomfortable that they feel the need to do this to
everyone

Your letter is going to get NO action.
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air
colin.

"JA_MORAN" wrote in message
I am not going to jail, just trying to get on a plane to get someplace...

was at airport this morning with stuff I am used to traveling with and got
pulled aside for a "strip search" or "special screening"

I had a laptop, video camera, and computer cables... nothing unusual about
that stuff.... also a small electronic screwdriver set...

I also took a shortwave radio and scanner radio plus a power inverter..

take off my shoes... I said htey were brand new.... had to take them off
anyway

I have a letter in process to complain as this does not make me safe
it makes me feel uncomfortable that they feel the need to do this to
everyone

JOHN

If that bothers you, don't fly. I've been properly strip searched in an
airport, and I can assure you it involves taking off a lot more than your
(new or otherwise) shoes.

Hopefully whomever you complained to will tell you to **** off.

Old May 8th, 2007, 03:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air
JA_MORAN

I take the same stuff with me I always do....

I even took a pocket knife and a swiss army pen (my james bond pen)
coincidentally they showed a James Bond movie on the flight

complaining is my right as this is supposed to be a DEMOCRACY, not a
dictatorship.

also, I am getting on an airplane, not going to jail or prison or
visiting someone in such facility.

JOHN
Old May 8th, 2007, 04:54 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

JA_MORAN wrote:

I take the same stuff with me I always do....

I even took a pocket knife and a swiss army pen (my james bond pen)
coincidentally they showed a James Bond movie on the flight

FWIW, James Bond isn't/wasn't real.
If you have oil coming out of your car, you might have blown a gasket.

complaining is my right as this is supposed to be a DEMOCRACY, not a
dictatorship.

The US is not a democracy, it is a republic.
If you don't have that answer straight, then that will lead to confusion.
I suggest you read something like this article:
http://www.thisnation.com/question/011.html

also, I am getting on an airplane, not going to jail or prison or
visiting someone in such facility.

So complain to your congressman. You act like this is some new
treatment. This has been going on for years.
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:08 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Hatunen

On Mon, 07 May 2007 19:00:06 -0700, JA_MORAN
wrote:

I take the same stuff with me I always do....

I even took a pocket knife and a swiss army pen (my james bond pen)
coincidentally they showed a James Bond movie on the flight

complaining is my right as this is supposed to be a DEMOCRACY, not a
dictatorship.

You're absolutely right: you have a right to complain loud and
long. But that same right allows us to tell you we think you're
full of ****.

also, I am getting on an airplane, not going to jail or prison or
visiting someone in such facility.

Make too much of a fuss in the line and maybe you'll get to visit
a jail.

Old May 8th, 2007, 05:19 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Tchiowa

On May 8, 1:55 am, JA_MORAN wrote:
I am not going to jail, just trying to get on a plane to get someplace...

was at airport this morning with stuff I am used to traveling with and
got pulled aside for a "strip search" or "special screening"

I had a laptop, video camera, and computer cables... nothing unusual
about that stuff.... also a small electronic screwdriver set...

I also took a shortwave radio and scanner radio plus a power inverter..

Hmmm. Let's see:

laptop
video camera
computer cables
a small electronic screwdriver set
a shortwave radio
a scanner radio
a power inverter

All in your carry-on??? No wonder you were searched.

Old May 8th, 2007, 05:20 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Tchiowa

On May 8, 6:24 am, "colin." wrote:
"JA_MORAN" wrote in message

[...]

Of course since the introduction of Hooter Airlines, maybe the concept
of a "strip search" isn't such a bad thing.

Old May 8th, 2007, 05:38 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

Tchiowa wrote:

On May 8, 1:55 am, JA_MORAN wrote:

I am not going to jail, just trying to get on a plane to get someplace...

was at airport this morning with stuff I am used to traveling with and
got pulled aside for a "strip search" or "special screening"

I had a laptop, video camera, and computer cables... nothing unusual
about that stuff.... also a small electronic screwdriver set...

I also took a shortwave radio and scanner radio plus a power inverter..

Hmmm. Let's see:

laptop
video camera
computer cables
a small electronic screwdriver set
a shortwave radio
a scanner radio
a power inverter

All in your carry-on??? No wonder you were searched.

He also carries a "James Bond Pen" and a pocketknife.
I would also guess he carries chewing gum and bailing wire.