Is Summit Really Celebrity?

Old December 11th, 2005, 02:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Is Summit Really Celebrity?

as we sailed her & could not believe it was the same ship as Connie or
Infity who we wailed previously. Same stateroom 9201 CC AFT and what a
major diappointment on Summit......

After 15 months of excitement after purchasing the Trans canal cruise,
we are finally going. Continental got us to LAX half hour early. So we
are at baggage claim at 10:30AM, see the gal with the "X" and went to
her with 4 other folks who are Concierge Class with us for the Trans
canal cruise. Now as CC we are to have express embarkation &
disembarkation, luggage delivery, same day laundry without the special
charge etc.

We were at the airport for 2.5 hours for a bus that arrived with 4
seats for 22 folks, with no advance seating for the original 6 from
Cleveland. Then get to San Pedro Terminal & that was 15 hours for
security no advancement for CC. Then 45 minutes in a Express Pass (
the next express entry for all) and being CC we were to be aboard in
under 2 minutes, so I was told by Captain Club.

Then we arrive on 9th AFT area for 9201. We pass a hallway of luggage
outside doors, but nothing for us. As I walked down the hall checking
rooms #;s for other Clevelanders I see our 3 cases outside 9000. It is
clearly tagged 9201 AFT CC. Back at our stateroom the Housekeeping
Manager knocks onthe door checking on CC folks & we asked where our
express delivery luggage is. I swore I saw it outside 9000 not 9201.
So away he goes, gets it all & has it delivered to us as we are going
to 6PM dinner.......... THAT IS EXPRESS LUGGAGE DELIVERY?

Then we return to the room to enjoy the wake & a cocktail on our 200 sq
ft balcony with padded chairs & large table for meals & 2 loungers that
are padded also. We are being driven nuts with the table & chair noise
from above us. The room sounds like a war zone.Our Travel Agent knew
nothing about this & was shocked. So we go upstairs to see a teak
floor bar with heavy wooden table & chairs & folks dragging them all
over. Then at 2AM a table is knocked over & scared the hell out of me
in the dark room, to see them pressure washing the area, with it
washing down on our balcony. Cigarette butts, cigar butts, food, puke
& the smell of beer & puke in high 80's in the morning made for a very
unhealthy sailing for 2 weeks. Again the Housekeeping Manager was
there to see the flooded chairs that are unusable for breakfast and the
puke on the glass & railings of all 5 staterooms that CC AFT. Our poor
Steward named Kipni had to clean daily at 6AM so we could try to enjoy
our breakfast out there & the room is sprayed with some smelly
substance to remove the crappy stink of outside & the sewer smells of
the bathroom.

Our friend bought us a dinner for two at the Normadie restaurant which
we used first formal night. To our surprise we had the entire
restaurant to ourselves. 30 waiters & Matre D cooking tableside made
for a wonderul meal. Even a harpist next to us. But the next morning
we are billed $120 (2 $60 charges) which we reported to the Purser,
Concierge & the Normandie. Next day a $60 credit was applied but not
the gift certificate left in our stateroom. 4 days later we see our
shipboard credits which are short our Visa $100 for 10,000 Celebrity
Visa points. Took 10 days to learn it was applied to our 5/20 sailing.
By whom? I was told 2 weeks prior to the cruise by Ingrid, Dan
Hangrahan's assistant that we had $600 credit, not $500 but the
Concierge refused to phone her. Then passing thru the Panama Canal the
Head Concerige decides to visit us. I told her she was making a bad
time for us with her ranting about us and all the toubles we have had
including my 3 toes which we almost decapitated by the gangplank.

Yes, the ship was rocking & the crew didn't lock the gangway. In
Acalpuco a long line greets us after watching the cliff divers for a
$10 cab ride RT & a free margaita. "X" does offer refreshments & cold
towels to assist in cooling down from 95 degree heat there. So as we
are ready to get on the gangway the folks stop on it. I see 2
trashcans one to the left of the gangway & the other to theright. Left
is CUPS ONLY right is TOWELS ONLY. So I pitch our cups to the left &
get both towels to the right as the gangplank eats my foot and slides
down to my toes, seperating my big toe to the right & little toe to the
left & smashing down on the middle 3. I SCREAMED and a guy rushes over
to grab the muscle part of my right arm & pull. BOY DID THAT HURT AS
WELL AS MY TOES BEING SMASHED. My husband was yelling at them to free
me. So 4 grab the plank to lift of my foot, and a red haired guy wraps
it in an cold towel. He then asks me why I put my foot there.........
Then a slim guy takes my hand & espects me to walk with him to the far
left gangway onto the ship. Not to the doctor but to the Xray area in
security to reenter the ship. He tells my husand to ice down my foot
in our room & keep it high & if it is painful to see the doctor.

My toes were instantly 4 times the normal size & hurt bad. So we stop
on 3 at the Pruser's desk to show them. They phoned the doc but no
wheel chair brought. My husband had to carry me down there. I was
Xrayed, and accident report done & Safety Officer interviewed us. Very
noticeable was were the pressure was & luckily I am healthy that my
toes didn't break but ligments torn. Will be painful. So it was
rapped with an icebag in the wrapping & I am to do this daily. Happy
pills given (800 mg motrin). SO I spend my vacation in
bed..............

Even the dining room staff from our table called. When they learned it
was me they sent up menus & wait staff for our dinner on the balcony.
Then I was brought to the dining room with an additional chair for my
foot when I was getting crazy with the noise from the bar & stink from
the pressure washing at 2AM & 5AM daily. Formal night was bare foot to
the right & wrapped ice bag foot left. But I was walking gingerly.
Officers had chairs for me at the entrance to the theatre,

So our dream cruise was the cruise from hell!!!! I lost 50% of my
cruise to their lax service & the accident which their crew never filed
an accident report either........... SO I WANT A MAJOR CREDIT OR
REBATE!

Then to add to that, Celebrity is rated #1 by Travel & Leisure & other
magazines, but week 2 starts & the milk was spoiled, yogurt was moldy,
fruit served to our stateroom was covered in green mold known as THE
FUZZIES & their ice cream was the constistancy of a milkshake.

Old December 11th, 2005, 02:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

The Awesome 1 wrote:
[...]

Other than that, how did you enjoy your cruise?
Old December 11th, 2005, 03:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"ccsuwxman" wrote in message
The Awesome 1 wrote:
[...]

I have never read a more poorly written review in my life. If English is
your second language,
then I understand, but if not then I suggest some classes. Other than your
incident with your foot,
most of your complaints ate trivial!!

Old December 11th, 2005, 03:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article .com,
"The Awesome 1" wrote:

So our dream cruise was the cruise from hell!!!! I lost 50% of my
cruise to their lax service & the accident which their crew never filed
an accident report either........... SO I WANT A MAJOR CREDIT OR
REBATE!

Please do us all a favor and take land-based vacations from now on.
Old December 11th, 2005, 03:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"The Awesome 1" wrote in
oups.com:

as we sailed her & could not believe it was the same ship as Connie or
Infity who we wailed previously. Same stateroom 9201 CC AFT and what

major diappointment on Summit......

This is a hard one to decipher. It almost seems to be over the top
unbelievable and yet . . .

Celebrity's lack of customer service has long been a pet peeve of mine,
but I find it hard to believe that they would be doing power washing as
described in the middle of the night and where were the cigarette butts
supposedly coming from when there is no open deck area above the cabin.
Now noise is potential when one is under the exercise room, but most of
that stuff is bolted down and closed at 2 in the morning. This leads me
to believe the the report is exaggerated at best.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old December 11th, 2005, 05:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

If most of the replies so far think these are trivial complaints,I
guess their experiences with cruising have been pretty crappy. First
off,to pay for CC service and have your arrival and embarkation be
miserable is frustrating as you could have paid far less and had the
same service. It's easy to avoid being under a public area by looking
at a deck plan,but late night disturbance should be a no no. For
someone to be injured and have the crew seem to care so little is
disturbing,but this is another illustration of the maritime laws and a
cruise line being less concerned about legal ramifications than,for
example,a Holiday Inn.? And so far as a refund or credit...don't count
on it. Now I can post this message and wait for it to be graded for
spelling,grammar and punctuation.

Old December 11th, 2005, 06:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"The Awesome 1" wrote in message
oups.com...
as we sailed her & could not believe it was the same ship as Connie or
Infity who we wailed previously. Same stateroom 9201 CC AFT and what a
major diappointment on Summit......

So with Carnival, and Princess on the do not cruise list will X be next to
add to the list?

Even the dining room staff from our table called. When they learned it
was me they sent up menus & wait staff for our dinner on the balcony.

I especially liked this comment. lol!

So our dream cruise was the cruise from hell!!!! I lost 50% of my
cruise to their lax service & the accident which their crew never filed
an accident report either........... SO I WANT A MAJOR CREDIT OR
REBATE!

Of course you do. ;-) I think you need to stick to your Hawaii and Vegas
vacations. You seem to fare much better on land.

Bill

--
visit my Caribbean Princess website
http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com

Old December 11th, 2005, 07:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

jcoulter wrote in
:

"The Awesome 1" wrote in
oups.com:

[...]

sorry anyone who reads this, I tried to cancel. noted wrong cabin, the
friends in the bow not the OP on the Stern where there could be some
residual problem from cleaning the restaurant area.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old December 11th, 2005, 08:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Know what it is like to have such noise disturbances,we were upgraded to
a supposedly better catagory cabin on ROYAL PRINCESS,(the only ship we
did not like in the princess line) very first cabin on promenade deck
foreward,repeatedly wakened at 3-4 am every morning by the crew working
directly below us,and then then health nuts jogging around the deck at
5am onward. That is why we always pick our cabin,and make sure what is
above,and below us,and opt for an inside cabin surfer e2468