Lecce to Sicily

Old May 26th, 2004, 01:21 PM
SG

Default Lecce to Sicily

Hi all,
I would like to visit both Lecce and Sicily - flying from the
UK and wonder if anyone has any ideas of first the nearest airport to
Lecce and then how I should get to Sicily thereafter?
Also would it be possible to fly into one airport ten fly from
Sicily.
Many thanks
Sam
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Alan Harrison

"SG" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,
I would like to visit both Lecce and Sicily - flying from the
UK and wonder if anyone has any ideas of first the nearest airport to
Lecce and then how I should get to Sicily thereafter?

Lecce is a splendid city. I visited by train (overnight from Milan).
According to:
http://cultura-italiana.it-schools.c...a-in-italia/pu
gliat/lecce-turismo-e-cultura.shtml
the nearest airport is Brindidi and the second nearest Bari.

You might then be able to get a flight from one of those airports to Palermo
or Catania, or else have a train ride along the "sole" of Italy.

Also would it be possible to fly into one airport ten fly from
Sicily.

Quite possibly since budget airlines in particular sell single flights.

Alan Harrison

Old May 26th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Giovanni Drogo

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Alan Harrison wrote:

Lecce is a splendid city. I visited by train (overnight from Milan).

I agree.

the nearest airport is Brindidi and the second nearest Bari.

BrindiSi. I agree as well.

You might then be able to get a flight from one of those airports to Palermo
or Catania

No idea if there are any and eventually how many flights per day, or if
you'd have to go through Rome. Look on Alitalia or airport web site.

or Catania, or else have a train ride along the "sole" of Italy.

I guess that will be rather long. Just for the sake of curiosity I tried
http://home.arcor.de/e.lauterbach/au...fplanx-en.html for an
itinerary, and gives me something like 12 hours (Lecce-Brindisi-Taranto
then direct to Villa San Giovanni part on the ionic and part on the
tirrenic coast, then ferry). Or apparently one can do it overnight with
a change at midnight !! If you like adventure journeys ... or you can
split somewhere and visit Calabria.

is a newsreading account used by more persons to